A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Help me resolve a bad situation...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-1998, 04:10 PM
An A4 in trouble!

Default Help me resolve a bad situation...

Hi, I'm an A4 1.8T. My owner asked, more than two months ago, for a popular supplier to send him a number of items to fix me up and make me a cooler A4. As of today, 11/30/98, he's received all but two of the items ordered during the first week of October. The people working at the shop that has the delay on two parts are good people, and my owner has dealt with them before. They're promising the other two parts by the end of the week, and we have no reason to doubt them. The problem is that my owner had arranged for an install today. Seemed reasonable, plenty of spare time, four weeks to spare between the delivery date promised and the install date, right? Two months for various things. But the two things that haven't come are holding things up. Now, if the parts arrive later (which they will, as we expected to have them this morning and had to pay the fee to reschedule the guys supposed to install the stuff instead of having a third of the work done on me right now), my schedule gets moved back, and nothing gets installed on time. I'm supposed to be in Michigan to have more work done on me during the second week of December, a date I cannot meet currently because the I will be in a state of disarray in a shop in Illinois. At this rate, I won't get out to Michigan until January of 1999, and won't get any of these goodies ordered over the Internet installed anytime soon. My owner set it up as one big install, and he doesn't want to be angry with the shipping company whose truck lost the stuff, or the supplier, and he doesn't want to have either shop mad at him, neither the one in Michigan that's supposed to install new things, nor the one in Illinois that has to install a bunch of things to make me winter-ready for a long drive to Michigan. I'm currently partially disassembled, but I wanted to ask you people for your help in solving these problems that my owner and I face at the moment.<p>I'd leave an email address, but even with all the cool features of my ECU, cars can't send and receive email yet.<p>Thanks,<br>sad A4 waiting for help
Old 11-30-1998, 04:18 PM
Santa

Have you thought of me? Have you been good?