A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How to install Clear Turn Signals....the Audizone link in the FAQ is down....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-1999, 11:25 AM
James R.

Default How to install Clear Turn Signals....the Audizone link in the FAQ is down....

Just picked up my clear corners this morn from In-Pro on the way in to work. I haven't looked yet but figure that I may benefit from some direction on how to put these in...is there any tricks...or is it pretty straight forward...I've heard the owners manual might be a good place to look as changing the bulb is a pretty similar process??? Thanks in Advance.
Old 02-24-1999, 11:49 AM
Andrew C.

Default The manual is helpful, but possibly misleading... (more)

The tabs shown in the manual for locking in the corner lamps are there. It is difficult to reach them from the back though.<p>Tools to use: Screwdriver and Flashlight.<p>There are "pear" shaped holes in the sheetmetal above the corner markers. If you use the flashlight you can see the plastic tabs that are shown in the manual. Use the screwdriver to 1) loosen the locking tab, and 2) press on the wider grey tab to release while pulling on the lamp. It's not too hard. The FAQ says to remove the air duct on the passenger side and stuff and that really isn't needed.<p>Take a look at the tabs on the new corner lamps and you'll see the two tabs. I think the locking tab is white/opaque while the clicky tab is grey.<p>After you get the new corner in (you'll here the grey tab "click" in place, thus the highly technical name I've given it) you need to go in and push the locking tab closed using the screwdriver again.<p>Good luck. HTH.<p>
Old 02-24-1999, 01:10 PM
BenB.

Default Visit DonP's Audi Zone, then go to his mirror site. The article is there.. he removed them from texas.net

<br>s
Old 02-24-1999, 06:00 PM
James R.

Default Thanks for the info...car seems faster now...maybe it's because the Amber plastic molecules are missing :) BTW - They were a snap to put in...no pun intended (BOSCH)

/