A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How much sleep is the minimum? Also, is there anything that can help me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much sleep is the minimum? Also, is there anything that can help me?

So, you guys were right. The A4 pushes it a little tight on the budget. PArt of it is the gas because of the clogged car ($20day or so), but school is playing a big role to. I basically can fit in maybe 5 hours a day of sleep. Is this healthy? Is there any over the counter or prescribtion drugs that I can take that will make me fall asleep right away then wake up ready and alert? I find I lie in bed for hours just thinking about nothing.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts
Default You won't die, if that's what you're wondering.

The human body requires about 4 hours of actual REM sleep, which usually occurs from 6-8 hours of sleep at night, or so. I think it takes about an hour to get into actual REM.

You'll be OK. If your body really needs sleep, it will tell you. You'll pass out way before you run out of energy, so no worries

There are meds, but most sleepers are *highly* addictive and will result in a much worse situation than the sleep deprivation ever was, so i'd lay off them, unless you need one for just a night or two. They aren't meant for constant use. I know people who are on them -- I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, we'll just say.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does your name explain your inability to sleep? =)

i use to chase vivarin with a double shot of espresso back in college.

i'm not sleeping that much more these days actually .. hehe. that's what the weekends are for, recovery.