A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I guess my choice will be Acura CL 2001

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2000, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuesday - so far 30 days of fantastic fun. Blew away a CL yesterday.

Okay so maybe I embellish. The A4 is just plain awesome. Japanese cars have become bland, but this is my opinion. Do what you want to be living with and happy with for the years ahead. Acura styling seems to be trendish, the type that falters when the next model year comes out. I may be speaking out of turn, but the A4 is many years old and doesn't seem dated to me. Classy IMHO.

Good luck,
Mark Collett
Old 04-11-2000, 06:38 PM

Legendary German Engineering...there is no substitue, all others are facsimiles
Old 04-11-2000, 06:49 PM

Is there an Acuraworld.com? If there is, I'm sure you will see lots of problems there too
Old 04-11-2000, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default German engineering vs. japanese reliability

I will agree that german engineering is unique but with recent models such as the Lexus GS400 and Acura NSX, one can conclude that the japanese are capable of quality engineering as well. however, it has taken longer for germans to equal in reliability. although there are high mileage audis and mercedes, the cost of repairs is enormous (even if they are infrequent). not everyone is lucky enough to afford the new car scheduled maintenance.

on a side note, the a4 is a great car but in stock form the 1.8t leaves much to be desired. it is only with the knowledge of its potential that most enthusiast buy this car. i mean, my current integra will smoke any stock 1.8t off the lot and will keep up with most solely chipped cars too. however, i still like the a4, and am thinking very seriously of getting one.
Old 04-11-2000, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Totally man! Acura is nothing more then Honda with different name in US. Audi is Audi ALWAYS!
Old 04-11-2000, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Fine automobile...you just won't look that good going from A to B.
Old 04-11-2000, 07:18 PM

Default I think you made the right choice...

If you are looking for a cookie cutter car that you look more at home in driving to work and being a rebel as you take off from the supermarket parking lot blasting Yanni Live at the Acropolis , then you have definately made the correct decision. if you want a piece of engineereing mastery and a slice of driving nirvana, then get a German car; any of them. I'm glad you made the right choice as I would hate for a superior German automobile to be driven by a melancholy "driving enthusiast" who opts for just another auto maunfacturer's attempt at a sports car to "keep up with the automotive Jones' ." Sorry to see you go the other way, but you probably made the right decision.

bmills
'00 1.8TQM
Old 04-11-2000, 07:19 PM

Default So guys, why is it that every Japanese car tries to look like German ones? :)

People can try to justify thier purchase as much as they'd like, it's not the "Real Thing" They are the "Diet-Coke of Cars".

I'll stick to the fine Tuetonic models myself...
Old 04-11-2000, 07:21 PM

Never mind that they share parts with Porsche, VW and others...
Old 04-11-2000, 07:23 PM

Default You probably made the right decision...

If you are looking for a cookie cutter car that you look more at home in driving to work and being a rebel as you take off from the supermarket parking lot blasting Yanni 'Live at the Acropolis', then you have definately made the correct decision. if you want a piece of engineereing mastery and a slice of driving nirvana, then get a German car; any of them. I'm glad you made the right choice as I would hate for a superior German automobile to be driven by a melancholy "driving enthusiast" who opts for just another auto maunfacturer's attempt at a sports car to "keep up with the automotive Jones' ." You think your CL will be problem free... You have a lot to learn about cars my friend. The day they build a car that is problem free is the day you'll catch me in a Japanese car...so there never will be a problem free car. Wake up and smell the coffee, or Saki in your case.
Sorry to see you go the other way, but you probably made the right decision.

bmills
'00 1.8TQM

Quick Reply: I guess my choice will be Acura CL 2001