A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I have black interior, whats the best way to clean dirt stains off the vinyl....more

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have black interior, whats the best way to clean dirt stains off the vinyl....more

I've tried some light soaps but i don't want to ruin the interior, when people get in my car they always leave dirt smugs on bottom of doors near the stereo speakers. Anyone have any good ideas?? thanks
Old 10-18-2000, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I have black interior, whats the best way to clean dirt stains off the vinyl....more

I use Lexol's Vinyelx, its fantastic. You can buy this online, i bought mine at Pep Boys, actually. This will clean as well as condition. If that does not work, then you may want to look at Mother's back to black. That stuff really is for external rubber, but if you are having stains that can't come out, you might want to try it.

I have the Onyx interior as well, and Vinelyx has always gotten the stuff out of the doors.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 10-18-2000, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I suspect those "dirt smudges" on the door panels are really scuffs.

For some reason, whatever plastic material Audi used for the A4's door panels, it seems pretty soft, prone to permanent scuffing, and the scuffs are particularly visible with the onyx interior. There's a FAQ that describes how to make and apply a shoe polish mixture for hiding them. Personally I haven't bothered with that and have used One Grand's Plastic Polish and Conditioner on them. It doesn't eliminate them completely, but it does a decent job of reducing them with very little effort. It doesn't make the panel shiny either, if you keep rubbing. Btw, this stuff is also great for substantially reducing superficial scratches on dark colored bumpers. Our wagon's rear bumper gets scratched like crazy from our dog (80 lb. Lab) getting in and out of the back all the time. I use the plastic polish on it every time I wash her car and you can hardly see the scratches afterwards.