A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I was hoping that we as A4/TT/A6 owners could band together to get a problem fixed concerning

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was hoping that we as A4/TT/A6 owners could band together to get a problem fixed concerning

the Bose Cd. I asked my dealer if other owners have had problems with their systems and he stated no. Please try listening to cd classical music or books on cd in your cars. If the unwanted sounds are there, address the problem with your dealership so Audi Corporation will get a fix already. When the Bose unit was pulled out, i notice that this unit had a sticker on it stating A4/TT/A6

I have been trouble shooting this problem for several months. Here are some results; when listening to classical music mainly groups comprising of four to eight musicians I have to turn the volume up on the system. When this happens while driving or engine idling I get a chirping or Morse code sound through the system when applying the accelerator. Understand that the recording levels with classical music are not as hotly recorded as rock recordings. So when the volume control is turn up for classical music the amp is magnifying the unwanted sounds. They are probably there when listening to rock music but not as apparent as classical music listening.

Some of you have stated on the forum in the past that the haldex is causing the problem. My tech removed a fuse supposedly involved with the haldex this morning to see if the problem would go away. End result; same problems. I tried another tt with Bose Cd changer, same problems.

I know that a car stereo system is not as perfect environment as a home stereo system due many more variables but I've had aftermarket systems in my cars without the current situation. Thanks