A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I parked in campus parking last night, and surprisingly there is a huge...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I parked in campus parking last night, and surprisingly there is a huge...

6-8" scratch (down to the metal) on the hood of my car. Just lovely. So the question is, does anyone know of any place in the Gettysburg PA area that i could go to in order to have the hood repainted or to have the scratch filled until i go home in March? I can post pics of the scratch later on (tomorrow).
Also, what does this teach us? College kids can be complete ****** with no care for anyone else's property. And that we should never ever park in a college parking lot near or around other students cars.

PS: what a sh!tty way to start the second semester.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:50 PM

Default Re: I parked in campus parking last night, and surprisingly there is a huge...

Man that really sucks. I feel for you. Someone keyed my old maxima when it was at barnes and nobel. Pissed the hell out of me and it costed like 300 bucks to fix.

This could be your excuse to get a CF hood though, if you want one.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:51 PM

Dude that sucks....i was thinking about bringing my A4 up to Penn State
Old 01-20-2003, 01:56 PM

Default jealousy is a bitch

some people make it a point to **** with your nice car, especially if you are parked far away.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:56 PM

Default too many college kids have no respect for cars... especially nice ones

I came out to find my 92 bimmer covered in mustard one day, and all the time dings and dents ... I always said if you wanna F^ck with me, hit me in the face, but dont do anything to my car...
they think that just becuase you have a nice car, that mommy and daddy bought it for you...( and while theres nothing wrong with that)(read my g/f suffers from that affliction hehe) there are those of us who bought the somewhat nice car and worked on it to make it nicer....
Lehigh '01
Old 01-20-2003, 01:57 PM

yeah, you go out of the way to protect your investment, and they go out of thier way to mess it up..
Old 01-20-2003, 02:00 PM

Default you might want to wait until after winter to get repaint anyway, especially on a dark paint job

the slightest snow brush , or drunken college kidd can marr the paint... you might just want to wait until after the semester ( yeah, I would hate to have a scratch that long on my car too, but I learned the hard way that you cant keep your car nice at school...
Old 01-20-2003, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I feel you . . im paranoid everytime i go to school. i try to park my car either next to another

nice car or close to a curb where the car next to me has a large space so they can open their door all the way without touching my car. I also try to keep my car close to a area that gets alot of traffic so those kind of people get detered from trying to mess with my car.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I grew up in State College and often parked nicer cars on campus...

never really had a problem that I can remember, but I know it happens.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sorry.. but no problem on campus here. i park my car and my friend parks her WRX or SLK everyday..

indoor parking might help too.. b/c indoor ones are more expensive and thus ****** dont' get indoor passes...

Quick Reply: I parked in campus parking last night, and surprisingly there is a huge...