A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

If more days were like yesterday I'd be staying in Colorado. But... (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2000, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If more days were like yesterday I'd be staying in Colorado. But... (long)

I've seen Denver go from a sleepy cowtown of several hundres thousand to an extended sea of houses with what must be going on 3 million now. But I digress.

Yesterday after playing a scorching set of Rhythm and Blues at the 6th Annual Coors Blues Festival at the Village in Breckenridge, we were first up then Chris Daniels and the Kings, then Hazel Miller, I decided to drive home over Loveland Pass in my '00 1.8TQMS. Well, and I don't mean to make y'all jealous but I HAD THE ENTIRE ROAD TO MYSELF! Nary a car coming back against me. What a pleasure! The 1.8T at altitude exhibited NO SWEAT. I was pulling mostly in 3rd and 4th with the occasional shift to 2nd for the hairpins.

Some bozo in an Acura was cresting the rise at the summit just as I was leaving from a short stop but the first downgrade was all I needed to put enough distance between us that I didn't see him again until about Idaho Springs where I was just cruising I70.

I'd occasionally spot a recommended speed limit sign and then noting my speed decided 20 over was a piece of cake for the quattro. This is on sport package dunlops. But I didn't even get a chance to squeal, so I must've been taking it easy at that.

Yup, my last trip to Dillon took 3+ hours from Denver. That trip was the straw that has me looking east. Sorry Colorady, it was fun while it lasted but it's just too crowded on the few roads we have here.