A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I'm wondering if some problems I've posted about are related to pass. CV joint

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm wondering if some problems I've posted about are related to pass. CV joint

I've posted separetely about these problems in the past, (and have gotten some great advice, thanks!) but have had no luck and I'm starting to think they're related...

First, getting on/off gas when in gear is sloppy. Causes a jerky clunk feeling in the front.

Vibration sound coming from passenger side front has gotten worse lately from 2-3k rpm and can now slightly be felt on and off at highway speeds.

As noise has gotten louder over past week, ABS sometimes pulsates in brake pedal. From what I can see in other posts, an ABS ring of sorts can be related to cv failure?

Today I saw grease spattered by the cv boot, does this confirm bad cv joint? if so, could all these problems after repaired? I know you can hear them click when turning, the car has had a very very faint clicking around low speed left turns only after the car is first started when it is cold. It never got worse or seemed to affect the way the car rides.

I'm still getting acquainted with my A4, and AW has been a tremendous help. My 3rd audi and also the first one I've really been trying to maintain on my own going to the shop as little as possible. Thanks for looking, everyone!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I initially wanted to make some modifications...

when I bought the car, but since I bought it 3 months ago I've had to have replaced:
-TB, WP etc...
-Control arms
-Tires twice (ruined by bad alignment)
-And now maybe CV and possibly something with ABS!

I'm not complaining though. I love the car to death.