A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Inside... guy spends 2500 a month on his Trans Am. Bitching wife, racing, it's got it all!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tool! I'm a little crazy, thats just plain stupid!
Old 01-15-2002, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default this guy was on dateline or 20/20 and he's a goober. If I were him Id buy a house and feed my Kid...

I dont understand whats up with him... Business before pleasure IMO.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:11 AM

Default Re: U got any mods to your car? also, any pics?

Mostly just basic mods, I've only had the car since August. SLP Loudmouth catback, clear MTI lid, BMR shock tower brace. Pretty lame mods but I might actually be selling the car so i'm not going buckwild on mods just yet. If I decide to keep the car, i'm going for some suspension mods, new lower control arms, panhard bar, etc. I wont go the heads/cam/forced induction route until the warranty is up.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:13 AM

Default I think he has a house now, some guys on ls1.com know him.

He has a house and i guess part of that 2500 a month goes towards 3 car payments, insurance, etc. I just hope he brings in 5000 a month so his kid and wife can eat! I thought my 500 a month car payment and insurance was bad. Yikes! My fiance would murder me. Then again, i make sure she's happy before I spend money on myself.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default She's looking very, very ugly on 14" black steelies from Tirerack :)

Winter steelies are an eyesore, i actually avoided bringing the Miata one day to lunch with MarkBradford cause i want him to see Nougat in her summer shoes

Car is running well. The clutch is OEM with 94k on her, so its very, very soft. This spring ill replace the clutch with a Sachs clutch, i think. Then, at that time a RB header and a hi-flow cat to fully open the exhaust side.

In terms of FI...im torn between a supercharger or NA...ill not turbo my car, as the turbo kits are expensive. FMIII puts out 230rwhp, but the kits are SIII-like in price...and i need to leave myself something to upgrade a few years from now

What sounds good is a JRSC, and then do a cold side upgrade, which raises the power without raising boost, so that you could have a JRSC making 200rwhp, albeit with engine management. Thing is, Miatas are not about speed, they are about handling...im happy with its performance most of the time because i understand the philsophy behind the car.

But first ill finish up the NA buildup with a PnP head, 3 angle valve job, and then ill look to FI once ive finished the Audi's powertrain. Since the clutch is alot of work, i might have a shop do the top end stuff when the tranny is out. Mind you this all goes to pot if i find a used JRSC kit for 1k

Can't wait to take the car onto the tracks this spring, i didn't want to risk the clutch last summer since i got the car last April, and wanted to pay it off first.

Handling is superb...which is kinda depressing because the Audi feels so heavy and large when im in it, until i get used to it again. I want to lower it, but the clearance is soooo little on Miatas that im just asking for trouble, so i think ill just keep the OEM springs and get replacement sways...but i change my mind every day.

Put another way, with my OEM springs, i have only about 1" clearance under the rear diff with a 1 ton hydraulic jack. If i lower the car, ill have to drive up onto something just to get the clearance for that piddly 1-ton jack. Chicago roads would not be any kinder to me as well.

Thanks for the interest in Nougat

Cheers
Old 01-17-2002, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

what a f#cking loser ... hope he gets nailed for street racing