A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

It's official, TRUTH is an alcoholic.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 06:18 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official, TRUTH is an alcoholic.

LarryV, Truth, Shon and I went to Gingerman Raceway this weekend for a Chicago VW Club track day. We went up the night before so we wouldn't have to leave at 5am the next morning to get there at 8oclock. There was a torrential downpour on the whole ay up but we were unfazed, running through very light traffic at 100+ mph, four Xenon equipped (well three and a half right Larry? :-P )modded A4s and S4 streaking through the night like a pack of jet fighters.

On the way we passed a Race-prepped Scirocco on a trailer being towed by a truck, and his accompanying Golf GTI wingman. We flew by them and went to our hotel, checked in, and immediately left for the nearest bar. Despite the fact that the bar we were at was surely the saddest thing I'd ever seen in my life (they were line dancing to ghetto tunes.......bleccccch) we got absolutely ****faced. I'd like to take this opportunity to present Shon with the "Most Overachieving Drinker" award cause at 86 pounds, she MORE than held her own with pros like me and Larry and Chad.

Anyway, we get back to the hotel, and notice that the VW we passed on the way have arrived at the same hotel and are parked right next to us. Thus begins the friendly smacktalk about VDubs. Well I go inside for a sec, and when I come out I hear heated voices at the room next door. What's going on?

There is Truth, standing in the doorway of the VW owners room, telling him to step outside! Apparently, he got caught trying to relieve himself on the side of the guys bright yellow GTI!!!! Luckily, nothing violent went down (VW man didn't feel like coming outside, and I don't blame him - Chad's a pretty large guy), so we went out for a late night breakfast and went to bed at about 4am, a couple hours before we had to be at the track.

Anyway, to make a long story short, despite ALMOST not being allowed to race because of the fiasco the night before, we all had a great time, and showed those poor front drivers how it's really meant to be done. Gingerman Raceway has only one threatening wall, and tons of run-off everywhere else, allowing us to be REALLY aggressive.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least he knew where the hotel was ;-)
Old 10-15-2001, 06:30 AM
Rest In Peace

Yeah, cause I told him. ;-)
Old 10-15-2001, 06:31 AM

sweet *** man. wish i could have went. you got any pics?
Old 10-15-2001, 06:34 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Hmmmmmmmm, I took a couple. I've go a few AVI files of us motoring around.

Larry grabbed some digi video footage of my last timed lap and I got a bit of TRUTH ripping it uo too.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Audi hooligans!
Old 10-15-2001, 06:39 AM

you'll have to shoot me those when you get em then. get anything for winning?
Old 10-15-2001, 06:41 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Congratulatory pats on the back and that's about it. Hehe

That was good enough though. :-P
Old 10-15-2001, 06:45 AM

yeah, i prolly wouldnt mind that either. well congrats, sounds like you guys all had fun.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default can you say 4 wheel drift!

We had the best battle going on!

Quick Reply: It's official, TRUTH is an alcoholic.