A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

just got back from china/taiwan: Audi observations there...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got back from china/taiwan: Audi observations there...

Heya everyone, i'm back! home sweet home. anyways, here goes my observations:

Almost all A6s I saw in Taiwan did NOT have painted lowers, although I did see a couple that did. In china, they did have painted lowers however. Also I noticed that many A6s there had the stock 15" nonsport wheels from the A4. Also the stock wheels for the A4 I didn't like at all. I saw a couple of A4s with audi caps also...it ruined the car IMHO. The wheel choices are completely different than here, although the 16" 7 spoke sport is available.
A4s didn't have painted lowers either.

I saw not one A8 in china or taiwan. There were TONS of old Audi 100s (our 5000)in China, and also many of the older A6/100 models.

In Taiwan I saw a few TTs (coupes), which were a big surprise since two door coupes themselves there are very rare.

Saw many A4s, but none of the new design. MANY of the A4s were ABT outfitted. Didnt see anything related to APR there at all. Some other aftermarket stuff for audi i saw were Oettinger..and umm thats about it haha..

In China, EVERY audi I saw was black.
I saw a completely debadged ABT outfitted A4 in Taiwan, I mean completely. No audi rings anywhere either.

I saw many Audi A3s also, but only in silver, and only the two door model. They looked so-so in my opinion, and I don't think they should import the A3 to US, as I don't think it will sell well anyways. (A3s didnt have painted lowers either).

umm thats it i think unless i forgot something. if anyone has any questions about audis there or any other manufacturers in taiwan (there's TONS compared to the states, including all the euro makes also that we dont have), gimme a holler.