A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Just Got my 99.5 VIN!!!! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-1999, 12:37 PM
falcon

Default Just Got my 99.5 VIN!!!! (long)

Just spoke to my dealer in Atlantic City, NJ, and the ship that my Lt. Silver 99.5 1.8TMS A4 is on left Europe (as of Monday). I ordered November 28. Dealer will let me know Monday if ship is in Wilmington or Boston yet.<p>I'm very psyched, bordering on obsession. Already bought my Vinylex and Blitz wax. Not sure yet if I'll swap out the tires for all-seasons or wait until winter. Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-1999, 01:53 PM
wfh

Default Re: Just Got my 99.5 VIN!!!! (long)

I think this is a good sign. I ordered my 1.8TQMS (planned on it being a regular '99, but I guess they already switched over by that time) in mid-december, so I hope it's in in the next few weeks. I just can't wait any longer....must...have...AUDI! :-)<p>
Old 03-05-1999, 07:21 PM
MAXFX

Default Lucky dog!!

I'm happy for you! The silver A4 I ordered at the end of January is due to be built next week, so I'm looking forward to April delivery.<br>Waiting is so hard.<br>
Old 03-05-1999, 07:40 PM
falcon

Default Woof!!

All the more time get the right price for that Maxima, Maxfx!!!
Old 03-05-1999, 08:06 PM
MAXFX

Default Re: Woof!!

Our weather is bad, so haven't advertised my Maxima. Still too much snow on the ground and very hard to keep a car looking presentable. It'll likely take another two weeks till it's gone.<br>I can wait to sell the Maxima, but it is definitely hard to wait to get the A4!<br>FYI: light silver/onyx/sport seats/sport package/1.8t/stick/moonroof/quattro/all weather.<br>It's a sedan.
Old 03-06-1999, 11:12 AM
falcon

Default MAXFX - Suggested Mental Prep for 99.5 a4 Delivery (long)

MAXFX - I understand your situation. May I suggest a strategy once the weather warms (this is my way of grasping for something positive in my current situation):<p>1. Advertise your Maxima a few months before your delivery date.<br>2. Stick to your asking price if you get some interested buyers early on. If you get your price, then sell.<br>3. Rent a cheap car until A4 delivery (I got a Sentra for $500/mo). Here's where it getstough. Rent a Dodge Neon or a Nissan Sentra...bare bones. It will shake any memory of the 6.6 0-60 acceleration of the Maxima right out of your short term memory. You will forget any pleasure at all can be derived from driving an automobile.<br>4. Take delivery of your A4. Even if unchipped, the 1.8T will seem like a screamer compared to the rentacar. And, you won't feel let down in the speed category going from the Maxima directly to the A4. Of course, the A4 will RULE the Maxima in most if not all other categories.<p>Yes, how the mind wanders while it is in anticipation.... Good luck!!<p><br>PS - I have the same car as you minus the all weather and sports seats (but I got the Bose). <p>falcon
Old 03-06-1999, 12:03 PM
MAXFX

Default Follow up to falcon (long)

My plan exactly - though I didn't anticipate the psychological benefits of driving a dull rental car, but you're doubtless right.<br>I have about 6 weeks till delivery. Although I had planned on putting my car up for sale now, the weather conditions just won't be favorable for a few weeks. (Snow and high winds today...)<br>You mentioned vinylex in another post - just what is it?<br>I have to say that I'll miss the superb engine in the Maxima, and I expect to wrestle with the "to chip or not" question. I prefer to buy cars factory equipped as I want them and not to modify later.