A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Just picked up my car from JVR Performance. It's great to have a mech who knows what they're doing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up my car from JVR Performance. It's great to have a mech who knows what they're doing!

I just picked up my A4 from JVR Performance in Port Washington last night after having some major work done (ECS steel flywheel, RS4 clutch, rear diff flush, brake flush, clutch slave cyl). I also had to do my timing belt about 15k prematurely (the dealer had my cam timing off by 1/2 a tooth and the t-belt off by a tooth from a cam adjuster warranty - gotta love 'em), so I've got all of the goodies to go with that too.

Normally I'd be upset about the fact that I had to put so much into the car (especially the timing), but I had such a pleasant experience having the car worked on that I'm glad I kept the A4 (that and the fact that the car is so much more of a joy to drive now) and I will now be keeping it for years to come.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the positive experience considering of all the "reliable / dependable / trustworthy" mechanics I've been to, this is the first time I've left with a smile. Jonathan took all the time to explain what exactly he would be doing and what it would involve, what the car needed (and what it didn't - although I went overboard anyway , and what to expect when I got the car back. He was always available to talk to me whenever I had a question, and he stayed late when I was running late to the shop. I also picked up the car and it looked in better shape than when I dropped it off in - it was cleaned inside & out. Also the rate was more than fair, especially consering the amount of work done.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with all of you, considering how many horror stories there are out there. JVR = my two thumbs up. It's good to be back!

- end good rant -
Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonathan is a good guy for sure!