A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

K04 owners ONLY - I need your help?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1998, 04:08 PM
Alan Adamson

Default K04 owners ONLY - I need your help?!

All,<p>Ok, I'm going to resort to grovelling. I know it's a long shot, but I'm curious.<p>Would there be any K04 owner out there that has a 557P box with some other code than WETT K04 code that would concider trading me ECU's for a day or two. I'd be willing to pay overnight shipping both ways and back. I really need to determine if I have a sensor or a code problem. I'll be happy to exchange phone numbers, etc if we could work something like this out. I don't want to introduce any other letter revs into the mix, so for now, I'm looking for a 557P with Neuspeed, or MTM or Garrett software that I can try, I'll be happy to provide my box with WETT code in exchange for a couple of days, I'd like to run some G-Tech numbers and baseline the two and see if the others have the same 22lbs of boost problem in my car as the WETT version.<p>Thanks in advance and please reply to email if I can twist your arm.<p>Alan Adamson<br>mailto://ne1h@ne1h.radio.org<br>
Old 12-29-1998, 06:53 PM
Alan Adamson

Default Thanks again Steve!!!

/
Old 12-30-1998, 03:19 AM
Stefan N

Default Re: K04 owners ONLY - I need your help?!

Sorry, can't do the swap with you, but I can tell you that I never get over 18lbs and that's only in 5th gear (yes, I have a guage in the car). Typically, I get 15-17lbs. No pinging. I have the Greedspeed/Neuspeed 1 bar chip with K04 and HKS exh w/Greedspeed downpipe and stock cat and intercooler.
Old 12-30-1998, 06:24 AM
Suggestion

Alan, a good person to talk to may be DonP! Check with him!
Old 12-30-1998, 06:47 AM
Phil S

Default Re: Maybe I can help...

I know your car and mine are different years and we have different part numbers on our ECU's, but heres a thouht, I have an ECU with TAP stage 1, sitting in my trunk. I told you about my experience on the phone. The part numbers on this unit are 8DO-907-559 no letter! I realize these part numbers are different, but may I suggest calling Clairs and asking them to cross reference these nubers to see if this unit is OK for your car. This is the latest software version and was made 8/21/98, so this may work in your car. I also know this unit works well, as I put about 500 miles on it. I am not sure yet if I want to do this or if it will even work, but I know how frustraiting fixing your kind of problem can be. let me know call if you like.
Old 12-30-1998, 06:49 AM
Mike Arredondo

Default Am close to ordering same setup that you have....

Stefan, I've been talking with Anthony at Greedspeed about purchasing a setup like yours. Do you have any words of wisdom to share? If you had it to do over again would you do the same thing? If you would prefer to Email me, I am: Micharre@aol.com<p>Thanks,<br>Mike
Old 12-30-1998, 08:00 AM
Corey

Default Re: K04 owners ONLY - I need your help?!

Please tell me more. I want to order this kit but I'm waiting to hear the results that others are getting. You can email me if you like.<br>TIA<p>Corey<br>
Old 12-30-1998, 09:18 AM
MT atl

Alan, Are you still in Atl? Have you put a VAG1552 on it?
Old 12-30-1998, 10:18 AM
Alan Adamson

Default Re: Maybe I can help...

Phil,<p>I got extremely lucky, a guy on the net that just totaled his A4 had the same setup, K04, but with the neuspeed firmware, his ECU is also the same as mine and the best part, he's sending it over night tonight so I can plan on the weekend.<p>Thanks however, I appreciated the offer.<br>Alan
Old 12-30-1998, 01:29 PM
Phil S

Re; Any time...nt

Quick Reply: K04 owners ONLY - I need your help?!