A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

leather care and frequency

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-1999, 07:36 AM
EP

Default leather care and frequency

What is the best way to care for the leather interior, and how often should you pamper them? Any tips would be appreciated, since this is my first leather interior.
Old 03-04-1999, 08:32 AM
jack

Default Re: leather care and frequency

I clean my seats thoroughly once a year and condition them twice. Once in the Spring and again during the summer as the heat increases. Spot cleaning throughout the year is the best way to avoid having to deep clean. Many different conditioning products exist. I've used most. Am now a new fan of the Collonite product I got at AutoFanatics. Leaves a good finish and allows for the spot cleaning easily.<p>Just my thoughts...<br><ul><li><a href="http://www.autofanatics.com">AutoFanatics - Car Care Corner</a></li></ul>
Old 03-04-1999, 12:07 PM
Jon C

Default Re: leather care and frequency: the finest I've seen is Leatherique...

www.leatherique.com<p>It is not cheap, but it WORKS! contains no silicones, should be used ~ 3 times a year depending on where you are. I used it on my new A4 and though the cleaner did not take out much dirt (of course, it was new leather), the rejuvenator oil (which includes lanolin) made the leather more supple. It is a very fine product. The website has some remarkable photos of leather restored by some of their products (which you won't need for routine cleaning & maint.) including Rolls-Royce & others. The owner mentioned when I asked about product info. that he thinks the leather Audi uses is very high quality and relatively thick.<p>If you don't want to spring for Leatherique, Connolly Hide Food is good, as is Lexol. But neither is in the class with Leatherique, I've used all 3.