A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Long wait for simple service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-1999, 08:47 PM
Scott G

Re: If you look closely the front bumper of the Autoweek car is set up for a Euro License plat, the American version is supposed to be the same except for small engine differences.
Old 07-04-1999, 06:40 AM
mpm

Sorry Corey, just re-read the article. You're right, they said "special order", but can we here in the states?
Old 07-04-1999, 06:43 AM
mpm

Wood may be eligent, but carbon fiber is more appropriate on the S4. Ever see the European Racing Series from inside the cars? Carbon fiber abounds...
Old 07-04-1999, 03:22 PM
Andy Hedin

NO, Denim Blue and Nagaro Blue (S4) are not the same
Old 07-06-1999, 03:23 AM
GuyT

In the UK we get either Michelin Pilot Sports or Pirelli 6000. Mine are Pirelli and are Y rated !
Old 07-06-1999, 03:26 AM
GuyT

Have a look on MTM-ONLINE.de for an excellent review. They are looking to get 400BHP out of an S4 !!
Old 07-29-1999, 12:23 AM
Greg

Default Long wait for simple service?

It seems ridiculous to me to have to wait wait two weeks for an oil change appointment...

...but that seems to be the situation here in the Northeast.

Has Audi bitten off more than it can chew with the free service in warranty program? Between
that at the success of the A4 have they taxed the dealer service network to the breaking
point?

Maybe AUDI should use the fruits of their new-found success to help dealers to get their
capacity to service what they sell up to snuff.

It sure devalues the bragging rights when you have to plan your life around an oil-change.
Old 07-29-1999, 03:09 AM
josephg

Default Re: Long wait for simple service?

trying to have the dealer fix simple problems is even worse, in fact i checked my battery fluid level the other day and found that is was almost dry. i called the dealer and asked if that should have been checked by them when i took the car in to them for an oil change. the service manager told me the check the level at 30000 miles.... WOW
Old 07-29-1999, 03:57 AM
ALD

Default Sounds completely normal to me...

When I drove my Saturn, I think only twice was I ever able to bring it in for servicing literally at the last minute. Once when the altinator went, and the other being when the muffler braket broke. Otherwise it was usually 2 to 3 weeks from the time that I made the appointment to the time that I was able to bring the car in for servicing.
It does not bother me at all that it takes that long. As cars get more complicated today, it is no longer the case of being able to bring it in at the last minute for a simple problem or simple oil change. My father experiences the same thing with his Caddy, and my mother's Lexus ES300. And those don't have the Audi No Charge Maintance Service. Oh, and my sister had to wait 6 weeks with her Honda.
And this is in the Northeast. So do I think your complant is valid, No I don't, because I have seen it with other manufacturers cars and dealers. You can no longer go to the local jiffy lube for an oil change anymore because of how cars are built today.
Old 07-29-1999, 04:04 AM
---

Default Curious, if the A4 has a sealed battery...

Then how did you check the level. And anyways, I thought that the Lead Acid Battery was something that does not require any matenance. And by the way, if there is a prob with your battery, replace it.

Quick Reply: Long wait for simple service?