A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My e-mail to AoA regarding public access to tracking their vehicle's order status

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-1999, 10:19 AM
Brad Willis

Default My e-mail to AoA regarding public access to tracking their vehicle's order status

I recently sent this e-mail to the audiusa.com webmaster. If I do not receive a satisfactory response, I will also send a letter to Audi's corporate offices. I will let you know what response I receive. Here is a copy of my e-mail:<p>Dear Webmaster:<p>I strongly recommend that Audi develop a system which would allow customers to track the progress of their cars as they are being built. Browsing the public forums at www.a4.org, one will find complaint after complaint regarding the long wait and lack of information while their cars are in production. I know that you have a system in place which tracks a vehicle's progress by order number and shows the vehicle's status, location, and vin if produced.<br>I can't imagine that it would be terribly complex or expensive to establish a page on the audiusa website which allows customers to track their car's status. It wouldn't make the car arrive any sooner, but would help your customers to plan in regard to insurance, disposition of their old cars, and so on, as well as make the long wait more bearable. This might also increase productivity at your dealerships, as they would free up time by not having to field and investigate order status as often. As I'm sure you know, we are now living in the information age. Audi needs to provide this type of information to maintain its' image as a cutting edge automobile manufacturer.<p>Sincerely,<p>Brad Willis
Old 04-24-1999, 12:25 PM
BC

Default Good letter but . . . . . . .

this would limit dealer freedom to lie to the customer (e. g. falsely claim that <br>an order has been placed) and no make errors (e.g., one option I requested <br>was omitted when the dealer placed my factory order).<p>AoA appears to be a front for the dealers (like a Better Business Bureau).<br>They don't seem to be interested in the customers. You might do better <br>by sending your request to Audi Germany.<p>