A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

need to rant...and warn you guys (long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to rant...and warn you guys (long)

ok my girlfriend goes to the university of delaware. she went air force rotc to pay for school, bc she, like a lot of us, had to pay for it on her own, and didn't want any student loans to pay till she's 40. ok so she gets a call last night from this company, i'll put it on here when i remember what it is. it has to do with her credit card company, which is mastercard, but i dont' think that matters. anyway, they told her her dorm, and her home address in pittsburgh. i guess they talked for like 15-20 minutes and he was saying that she had a really good chance at winning a million dollars. she wasn't buying into it at all for the whole converstation. then at the end they asked her what year she was born. she answered and they said Becky ___ you just won a million dollars. at 1215 tomorrow be in your room. the balloons and big cardboard check will be delivered, so be there. she was sooo excited...as any of us would be. low and behold they were not there today. they didn't ask for her credit card or anything, but be aware that these scams happen i guess more than you realize. but she didn't apply for any chances to win, so just don't buy into these things. sorry it's so long, but i'm so pissed. she was so excited to not have to worry about money for school or going rotc and all the crap that people worry about financially. i'll let you know about the company's name. oh...i love my audi...gonna throw my shortshifter in today (had to have audi content)

once again, sorry it's so long

chip
Old 02-22-2002, 02:00 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell her to call her CC company and report that credit card STOLEN!!!

She should also monitor her credit report for the next 6 months. Chances are somebody already had her credit card, but they were verifying her personal information, or looking for addt'l information before they could use it.