A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

New Audi Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-1999, 05:20 PM
G. Hale

Default New Audi Commercials

Just wondering if you guys have seen the Audi commercials on CNBC? I was watching Hardball with Chris Matthews and saw an A6 and an A4 commercial within about 5 min. of each other. I seldom get time to watch TV, so these things may bave been out for two months as far as I know.<p>The A4 commercial was with the A4 driving down the road with it's shadow following behind. At the end of the commercial, they state that with the A4, you are your only competition.<p>The A6 commercial has the A6 driving through water puddles and everyone grabbing their umbrellas (all in slow motion) and watching the A6 go by. At the end of this commercial, they state: 0 to your heart in one second flat.
Old 01-13-1999, 05:57 PM
TV Addict.

I've seen the A6 commercial, but I've never seen an A4 one.
Old 01-13-1999, 06:18 PM
bash

The A4 commercial was filmed driving on twisty roads in the Western mountains... perfect for this car.
Old 01-13-1999, 06:34 PM
Mr. TV

Related - New Jetta commercial pretty cool (well, cute, not exactly cool...)
Old 01-13-1999, 06:45 PM
T2

Default Re: New Audi Commercials

I think this new A4 commercial is a big improvement over some older ones. It shows off the sport in sport sedan. I liked it.<p>One small gripe that I have with both the A4 and A6 commercial is that if you're not familiar with the car, the commercial doesn't show you the car very well. Perhaps there's some advertising reason for you - like to make you curious and drop by your dealer.<p>Tom<br>1.8TQMS Silver/Ecru
Old 01-13-1999, 07:45 PM
ThE uNaBiMmER

Default Re: Missleading Audi Commercials

A6 " on the autobahn it screams".............seems to be screaming for a bigger engine,<br>or in Audi case...bolt on turbos.<p>A8 "10 star gov crash rating"......................crash rating only goes up to 5<br>using Audi's math a Ford Crown Victoria rates a 9.<p>
Old 01-13-1999, 09:57 PM
Rich D.

Default ....As opposed to the BMW commercials that say that....

"...in independent studies BMW's equipped with traction control performed better on snow and ice than front- or all-wheel-drive vehicles."<p>Or the Chevy commercials that say they're built "like a rock".<p>Rich D.
Old 01-13-1999, 11:26 PM
ClarenceC

Default Re: Anyone got it in digital form ?

.... and post the link ?
Old 01-14-1999, 12:06 AM
Ron S.

That would be five for the driver and five for the passenger.
Old 01-14-1999, 02:56 AM
Thom McAn

Anybody wonder why you don't see the BMW &quot;Penguin&quot; ad anymore?ntRe: Misleading

Quick Reply: New Audi Commercials