A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

NJ Inspection & Repairs Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Inspection & Repairs Questions

Anyone in South Jersey have a good place to get inspected? I have a 1996 A4 that keeps failing inspection ONLY because my dash/odometer light is out, although if you look close, you can still read the odometer. I attempted to repair this myself, but i can't for the life of me get one of the screws that holds the cluster to budge. I've tried everything but taking it to the dealer to get my pockets emptied for this stupid problem.

Also, another South Jersey question. Where do you guys go for Audi repairs? Any trusty shops out there? I need to have my blower for my heat/AC replaced and am also up for a timing belt job soon. I'm not a millionaire, so I was hoping once again to avoid the dealer. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NJ Inspection & Repairs Questions

There is a gas station near Cherokee High school.
People refer to it as "Cherokee Exxon"
A good friend of mine attends the HS with me and his dad manages the station. Let me know if this is what you were looking for because I'm pretty sure he would pass you if I spoke to him. Email me at speedace@comcast.net if you would like to persue this.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NJ Inspection & Repairs Questions

Haven't got a place yet. I'm going to try a place in Phili (Z-brothers) that comes highly rated by a coworker. Has worked on his MB and does good work at a reasonable price.

This W/E I'll have them change the timing belt etc. Get back to me and I'll let you know how it goes.