A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

One way to get defective heated mirror replaced...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2000, 06:16 PM
Ian S.

Default One way to get defective heated mirror replaced...

Have the dealer break it while popping it out. That just happened to me. Downside is that the mirrors are B.O.'d and it may take a week to get it in. Must make do with the Civic loaner til then. Dealer was apparently able to find one of three annoying noises but a buzzing in the dash and the squeal on releasing the clutch eluded them (they couldn't reproduce either.) The clutch squeal requires lots of stop and go driving before the noise makes its appearance. The buzzing I hope to reproduce for them when I take them for a drive.
Old 01-19-2000, 08:03 PM
LouisA

What was the annoying noise they did fix? (nt)
Old 01-20-2000, 07:29 PM
Ian S.

Default Re: What was the annoying noise they did fix? (nt)

Squeak in the rear driver's side window (sounded like it was in the 'B' pillar. They lubed all the window seals and the car is definitely improved. They also claimed not to hear the dash buzz but removed the instrument cluster anyway and found something not fixed in place properly. That seems to have solved the problem for now. Turns out they were able to get a mirror and installed it today and I have the car back tonight. They claim the passenger side mirror is OK but I know it did little to get rid of the snow it encountered in Flagstaff, AZ on New Year's day. And with 80F temps this week here in Phoenix, I guess I'll have to return to Flagstaff to test it out.