A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

OT. Computer engineering or finance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2000, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT. Computer engineering or finance?

Hi all, I got a lil problem.. Im in college trying to deciced what profession to persue..My problem is I don't know what field I should go into. Im definitly graduating as an engineer but when Im done should I go get my mba and get a job in finance or computer engineering? anyone got any suggestions..Oh I wanna go into the field where I can make the most money..I tried posting this in the off topic forum but got very few unhelpful respones /.. thank you all so much<p>Johnny A.
Old 07-02-2000, 02:44 PM

Default You need work experience to get into an MBA program...

well, if you want to get into a decent program at least. You really can't go wrong with either one of those fields. Since both fields pay pretty well, might as well take the one that interests you.

My 2 cents...
Mark
Old 07-02-2000, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Will you have a finance background?

To get into the field of investment banking, bond trading, and other related fields, you will need a degree in finance or preferably, economics. However, for jobs in consulting, you can land them with high gpas and good work experiences.

Furthermore, Mark K is correct. You will need a minimum of two years work experience to get into a competitive MBA school. Some of the top ten schools require upwards of five to seven years before arriving.

If you are still in school, take some finance courses, it is very different from engineering as it is purely desk jobs with little "hands-on" work. As i went through school, I tried both mechanical engineering and finance. Where did i end up? With degrees in Economics and Public Health, and am now going to medical school.
Old 07-02-2000, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no offense or anything but where is the A4 content?

get a job in a field that'll let you buy an S4 sooner.
Old 07-02-2000, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default You need to decide what field you will enjoy the most and not how much money you will make.

In whatever field that you choose you can make a lot of money if you love what you're doing and you do your very best. (Philosophical View)

Now back to your question: Get your Engineerig Degree and work in a technical field for a few years. Then, go back to school for your MBA. This will give you the business savy, leadership and technical experience to become a senior manager for a major company or to open your own company. Just my opinion.<p>cessna_Joe
Old 07-02-2000, 05:52 PM

Default If you are in college, you have a career center on campus.

I suggest you use it. What you do with your life is your business and your problem, and has nothing to do with Audi A4's.
Old 07-02-2000, 06:16 PM

Default i know i have a carreer center.. I am an engineer

the only reason i asked for help is b/c I will have to change my schedule.. so calm down<p>Johnny A.
Old 07-02-2000, 06:17 PM

Default yeah someone i know did that.. thanks

<p>Johnny A.
Old 07-02-2000, 06:21 PM

Default S4, S6 and TT for daily.. and a S8 for snowboarding trips anything else?

<p>Johnny A.
Old 07-02-2000, 06:25 PM

Default Guys i would just like to say.. THANKS.. oh anyone have some salary numbers?

<p>Johnny A.

Quick Reply: OT. Computer engineering or finance?