A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Picking up my brand new A4 turned into a new car owner's worst nightmare...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking up my brand new A4 turned into a new car owner's worst nightmare...

Just after I pulled my very first new car, my very first Audi, off the lot, I was struck on my left front side about a mile and a half down the road.

I live in New Jersey. The girl that hit me was from Pennsylvania, didn't know the roads, and tried to exit Route 4 East to get on the Parkway from the center lane in one move.

I was in the right lane at the time. Her ****ty Subaru Unimpreza dragged its entire right side over my front end as she tried to save herself a U-Turn by making the emergency exit.

She totally ruined the experience of picking up my car and all the anticipation leading up to today.

Worse, I am now hearing that even though she admitted fault to the Police and that the Police also determined her to be at total fault, that I will have to pay for the damages.

Does anyone know exactly how this works in New Jersey?

What little I've driven my car, I love, but I now have to deal with the humiliation and the disappointment of driving around a brand new car (complete with temporary sticker in the back) with a ****ed-up front end.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:32 PM

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that.. hope everything works out for you
Old 01-11-2002, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who is telling you that you have to pay for it?
Old 01-11-2002, 02:37 PM

it's the way NJ's "no fault" insurance works, or so I hear. I don't know what the story is.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cant speak for NJ, but in NY "no fault" ONLY applies to injury claims. NOT property damage. Hope ..

its the same for you in NJ.

Feel bad for you. Had the same thing happen
to me many years ago when I bought a new
Camry (yeah, yeah...) I didn't even take
it out in the rain. Less than 5 days, some
idiot hits it in parking lot, and I park
as far away as I can. Idiot circling the lot
to not have to back up...
I feel for you.
Vic
Old 01-11-2002, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default report to insurance companies and ask for repairs from hers

when they balk, threaten court. And be serious. You should in no way have to pay for her stupidity. Ever. In any state. Ever.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:48 PM

Dude that sucks man...i'm sorry that happened...
Old 01-11-2002, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Same here in CA. I was struck two months into having Washu, and the woman had to pay all repairs.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sucks....someone did a hit and run on my new 2001 two weeks after i got it...whole half side was

scratched . mirror was ripped all off. the whole front had to be repainted. and i had to drive the new car with temp tags and all too. lol. so i know how u feel =/ hope things work out!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Very sorry to hear that. If it helps....

I totaled my first A4 in a single car accident (wrapped it around a telephone pole) on my 12th day of ownership. Almost nothing worse than seeing your car being hooked up to a tow truck while it still has temp plates on it... It also took me 5 weeks + adding $1300 in options and changing colors to find another A4 that I was happy with...

I feel for you man. I certainly hope you don't end up paying for it, especially since it was the other driver's fault.
-Steveo

Quick Reply: Picking up my brand new A4 turned into a new car owner's worst nightmare...