A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

President's Day Special--17" S4 Avus wheel Special-$850/set.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2000, 08:41 AM
Gary @ Ronal

Default President's Day Special--17" S4 Avus wheel Special-$850/set.

Valid until Monday 10AM, PST--only-- 2/21/00.
Several sets of new OEM Take-off 17" S-4 Avus alloy wheels. Cost is $850/set of four, wheels only. Credit cards, M/c, Visa, AMex.
Single wheels available for $300. ea.
S/H app. $80.00/set of four--depending on location.
Call 800-899-1212x105. Get them while you can.
Excellent condition.
Old 02-18-2000, 09:12 AM
Mark P

Default What's a "New OEM Take-off"? Is that a wheel taken off an S4, or is it a "Replica"?

If they're replica's, why would someone want only one?

If they're "new", why are they also "excellent condition", that's a term I'd use to sell used merchandise.
Old 02-18-2000, 09:35 AM
Gary @ Ronal

Default ANSWERS

English must be tough these days!
OEM--Original Equipment Manufacturer
New--means new
Take-off--Means taken off a new Audi S-4.
Nothing was stated about Replicas.
Hence these are original factory equipment wheels taken off a new Audi S4 and they are in excellent condition at the cost stated-for the specified time period.
Next time leave an email address for a direct reply.
Old 02-18-2000, 09:43 AM
Mark P

Default Re: ANSWERS

I have some brand new stuff in good condition.

Doesn't that sound a little fishy? If it's new, you shouldn't need to state the condition. It just sounds like something's up

And if it's OEM, it's not a replica (thus the need to define "take off".

And if you're familiar with this language, I'm sure you've heard people refer to replicas as "take-offs". Like a lot of VW guys like to put Porche take-off rims on their cars. Ya know, replica. Likewise, the replca A4 5-spokes that Discount Tire sells.

Be clear and there will be no problems.

by the way, I went to the Wheel forum for more info, but it wasn't there. Don't you think that's where it belongs. You should know better.
Old 02-18-2000, 09:49 AM
Justin

English just might be "tough these days", but rudeness seems to come easy
Old 02-18-2000, 10:18 AM
completely unclear. - Abe

WOW! Is that the way that you attract business??? Come on man. Legitimate question's. Your post was
Old 02-18-2000, 10:18 AM
Chris

I hope this guy never goes into sales! What ever happened to the Customer always comes first?
Old 02-18-2000, 10:28 AM
Gary @ Ronal

Default It's fun to play--You took hook, line, and sinker!

Just stirring the pot!! Having fun w.you.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:36 AM
Nice try

Default Gary has pulled this stunt before... check out this link!

Is he serious about joking around, or just trying to weasel out of his own words AFTER he gets flamed? YOU make the call...<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/wheel/6838.phtml">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/wheel/6838.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-18-2000, 11:27 AM
DaveL

Default Alright, let's all give Gary a break.

He's legit and has been a big supporter of A4.org and Quattro club events for a long time.

Though he could have been clearer, I don't think it was particularly confusing.

"New OEM Take Off"
They are OEM wheels taken off of a new S4. In this case, it is appropriate to state their condition because they were taken off an S4 which would have some mileage. A brand new car off the boat would have at least 10 miles on it (mine had 13 at delivery); therefore a scratch or chip could have occurred.

If he had said "New OEM" wheel then my expectation is that they were never mounted and thus flawless. Therefore stating condition would be unnecessary.

Quick Reply: President's Day Special--17" S4 Avus wheel Special-$850/set.