A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Question for all Urban based A4Q w/Sport Owners - Longish

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-1999, 05:06 AM
Rick Pardo

Default Question for all Urban based A4Q w/Sport Owners - Longish

While contemplating delivery of my car next month (next week is verified build; on order since 3/31) and the pleasant experience that'll be, I started taking real notice of all the imperfections I encounter daily in a 62 mile round trip betwn. White Plains and Maspeth, Queens which is just so. of Laguardia airport.<br>The roads are in ridiculous shape, in part because of the amount of useage, the extremes in temp, snow, ice, rain, etc, and the inability for the road crews to keep up. Potholes, frost heaves like speed bumps, and the debris off of trucks abound.<p>So, I'd like to ask about alignment issues from those daily drivers who face similar conditions, especially those w/sport suspensions. How often, at what cost, and who you look to perform - dealer or tire shop. Also, is this service required more often than a fwd or rwd only sedan?<p>Thanks to all who respond.<p>Rick - 2.8QTip/Laser/Opal Leather/Bose/Cold/Roof/Trip/Sport (on/about 6/24/99)
Old 05-14-1999, 03:27 PM
Ray Calvo

Default 12K miles in Western PA and no realignment needed

Rodas are bad here too, although better than they were 15 years ago. Have not needed an alignment yet and no bent wheels (Avant w/ Sport suspension).<p>Personally, would NOT trust a tire shop with an alignment on a complicated suspension like the A4. Take it to a good dealer or else a speed shop that deals in imports. <p>I don't think Quattro vs. FWD has any significance in needing alignments; how beefy they made the suspension system is of more consequence.