A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Question for Houston Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-1999, 03:17 PM
Mike J

Default Question for Houston Owners...

Where do you all take your car for service, Mahan or McGill? I called Mahan today to find out if they would get me a loaner car while my car is in for some small waranty stuff and they told me no. McGill will give me a junky rental car. Do any of you all get an Audi as a loaner for the day or two while work is being done.? Thanks for the input.<p>Mike J
Old 06-28-1999, 03:39 PM
donp

Default Re: Question for Houston Owners...

I use McGill for service. They generally get my car in and out in 1 day so I just have them give me a lift back to work (in Park 10) then someone picks me up when the car is ready. They have provided loaner cars when needed. As far as the type of car... they are usually Enterprise corollas (sp?) or sentras. But I don't feel slighted getting a "cheesy" free rental... "cheesy" is better than nothing, IMO. <p>Oh, btw, on one occasion when I was getting a rental the guy next to me was bringing in his Carrerra 4 for service... he got a corolla too.
Old 06-28-1999, 04:51 PM
Dan-O

Default McGill has a better reputation. One of the Service Managers quit at Mahan last week (more)

My girlfriend's uncle has two Audi's in Spain. An A6 Avant and A4. They give him an A8 or similar to drive around when his cars are being worked on. The catch is that an A8 is tooooooooo big to drive around in Europe....
Old 06-28-1999, 04:57 PM
donp

Probably because Momentum is buying Mahan.
Old 06-28-1999, 04:59 PM
markC

Default Re: Question for Houston Owners...READ THIS

momentun, who also owns advantage, has bought mahan....the audi showroom will move. and momentum gives same make loaner for thier BMW/JAG/VOLVO/SAAB and the porsche gets a BMW i think.....
Old 06-28-1999, 05:58 PM
donp

any idea where the showroom will be reloacated?
Old 06-28-1999, 05:59 PM
donp

any idea where the showroom will be reloacated?
Old 06-28-1999, 06:12 PM
_rl

I bought my car at mahan, and they do a really good job of service. When your car is in the shop at mahan, you get an enterprise rental and they pay for the rental. But the catch is that you pay for the "insurance" for the rental car. The rental car is usually driven to mahan where you sign the papers and take the rental.<p>98.5 2.8Q [a!/lltek/axis/nitto]<p>p.s. where is the new location of mahan?
Old 06-28-1999, 06:58 PM
Hunter

So far, I have no complaints with Don McGill...I took my car in for a CD Changer installation about four weeks ago, Don McGill had a Brand New Toyota Corola rental (ok, so it's not even close to an A4) but they also tried to find an AUDI for me to drive instead - and I didn't even ask them to do this for me.
Old 06-29-1999, 03:25 AM
markC

Default Re:latest rumur say 1 blk >SE, they have a empty lot there. (more)

at least it will still be inside the loop.. btw: which serv.advisor left?

Quick Reply: Question for Houston Owners...