A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Question on Razo pedal....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-1999, 03:20 PM
Odie

Default Question on Razo pedal....

I have a tiptronic 99.5 A4 1.8TQS.

When I shop for the Razo brake and accelerator pedal, I noticed that they have small and large size. What should I buy for brake and accelerator in order to fit in my automatic A4??

Thanx if someone can reply me.

Odie
Old 10-07-1999, 03:24 PM
Dmak

Default Re: Question on Razo pedal....

I have Razo on my A4 and I purchased the small pedal for the accelerator, which fits very nicely.. I have a manual so I don't know about the brake pedal...

Dmak 1.8TQMS
Old 10-07-1999, 03:29 PM
jasyn

Default get the large sized accelerator otherwise ....

the stock plastic(?) accelerator pedal will stick out at the bottom. tacky. i didnt know there were different sized brake pedals.

i can't remember which exactly but i'm pretty sure it was the clutch pedal. i had to drill a hole in the razo mounting brackets to get the damn thing to fit on. i also had to cut a 1inch slit up along the underside of the rubber cap on the brake pedal to remove it. the whole installation actually took me 45min!

get a shift **** too. it'll feel like a completely different car.

99.5 1.8tqms apr
-jasyn
Old 10-07-1999, 05:35 PM
Odie

Default You're all having manual while I'm tiptronic......

It's hard to change to another shift **** as I'm having the tiptronic. The original **** is quite nice already (as I love its small size and shape) Thanx for the advice anyway.

Odie
Old 10-07-1999, 06:47 PM
TM

Default Very difficult to install (more)

I don't know about others' experience, but I installed the large Razos on a friend's car. They were a real pain to install. The hardware is just so small that it's hard to get everything to fit. I had a really fun time trying to get the tops of the pedal pads to clear the arm part of the clutch and brake pedals. That took a long time to get right. I don't want to do it again.

The accelerator was a nightmare- the pivot mechanism makes it nearly impossible to mount the accelerator.

On my car, I got the Sparco pedals that you have to drill. Much nicer than the Razos and much cheaper. I'll take a beautiful $40 set of pedals over an overpriced $55-80 set of pedals anyday. Of course, you have to drill and tap the pedals to install the Sparcos, which can be a pain. The great thing about drilling them is that you can place the pedal pads perfectly, which is something you cannot do with the slip-on design of the Razos. Of course, the AT pedal set would be simpler to install, but YMMV.

TM
99.5 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS