A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Questions about dealer in the Boston area -- not too long

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about dealer in the Boston area -- not too long

Who do you guys fo to for service in the Boston area? I have been using Pass and Weisz but it seems that what I describe as problems with my A4
they will dismiss them as "normal". I'm getting a whining noise at 3.2K RPM when cold and they refute it "can't hear the noise". I also get a droning noise at highway speeds that they also say "we can't hear". Have you guys have had good service or bad service there? I go there because it is convienient for me.
TIA
David
Old 04-28-2003, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Questions about dealer in the Boston area -- not too long

I bought my certified used A4 from there and I had horrible experiences with their service dept.

I bought from an Audi dealer becasue I didn't have time to take the car to an independent mechanic to check it out, thought I could trust an Audi dealer. Come to find out these guys at Pass & Weisz aren't to be trusted at all.

I had problems as soon as I took delivery of the car last winter. Had problems with the shifting (5-spd). I thought it was either the syncros or the clutch. Just as in your case, they claimed they couldn't replicate the grinding I was feeling and hearing. Went on a test drive with the Service mgr., I heard the grind while I was in the PASSENGER'S SEAT and he STILL insisted he didn't hear anything or feel anything in the clutch pedal.

I shortly thereafter moved to California. Took it to the Audi shop here for some un-related work and had them road-test the car. Now, it's in the shop having the transmission re-built. Both syncro rings in 2nd and 3rd gear needed to be replaced, and the cluch plate was burned (blued). Luckily, it's being covered under the Audi Assured program, but only after I called in Audi USA and worked with them for days to get it resolved.

Pass & Weisz did change the transmission oil (supposedly) to see if that would correct the issue they wouldn't admit was there. When I asked for a copy of the repair order for my records, they REFUSED to give it to me. The only written documentation the service manager would give me was an un-signed note, NOT on Audi letterhead. I had to go to the owner, Ed Pass, before I could get anything in writing from these yahoos.

The short of it is: Don't trust them, don't trust them, don't trust them. Go somewhere else while you still have your sanity.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Questions about dealer in the Boston area -- not too long

Thanks Fastlane1970 -- I think I will try IRA in Danvers next time I need service.