A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

To repaint or not to repaint...........Advise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-1999, 11:00 AM
Catman

Default Re: My 2 cents...

Well they lied to me on several occasions.
I believe that they knew it would be a long time but told me several times that all the parts where there and they were just putting it back together. The day before I was supposed to get the car back I was told that they did not have a dash for it, the dash they ordered in July! It's now been over a week and they are telling me that they still cannot find a dash.

Isn't the 2000 dash the same? I know Audi is making new cars. My car is only a 99.5 why is it so hard to find parts for it already?

First of all the damage was around 4k, then when they took it apart it went up to 7K, which I understand that they cannot see the full damage until it's taken apart.

We are now up to around 14K damage and still no dash.

Rod looks like I might be giving you a call if I ever get this problem resolved.

Thanks for the comments.

Catman
Old 10-14-1999, 11:13 AM
stevebrown

Default Lawyer time...

Just and judicious use of litigation (or expression of the intent to litigate) is at times necessary to keep the social wheels lubricated.

I would bet that a letter or letter campaign from you would do far less than one from a lawyer.

steve, not a lawyer, don't play one on TV
Old 10-14-1999, 11:21 AM
GeorgeH

Default Re: *WARNING* Park Place Motors in Dallas, TX

It is a bit of a drive but Bob Moore Porche Audi in OK City has treated me pretty well.
Old 10-14-1999, 02:47 PM
bartman

Default Re: *WARNING* Park Place Motors in Dallas, TX

Yeah, I had problems with Park Place. I took it for a maintenance checkup and they damaged the side panel on the car. I brought it in for a new panel. They said they would order one, and it would be here next week. It took me over 6 weeks to get the correct side panel. They order me an A6 side panel once. They don't seem to care. They also don't seem to take care of your car. I thought Park Place was suppose to be a luxury car dealer. I think I will bring my car to another dealership.
Old 11-08-1999, 01:54 PM
Joe Lucchio

Default To repaint or not to repaint...........Advise?

Our 99 Santorin Blue A4 Avant has some ghosting in the paint on the rear hatch. It has a small section, and only when viewed in a certain light, is visible. Our Dealer has offered to repaint the Hatch, but I'm skeptical about it looking good. They also said in situations like this, Audi would possible compensate us, rather than painting, but I have to contact AoA. The paint problem is not that noticable, and I'm concerned that it won't match. It is something I could live with, but am concerned that it may get worse or cause problems in the future. Any suggestions or advise?
Old 11-08-1999, 05:10 PM
Steve S.

Default My recommendation

My recommendation is to take the compensation from Audi for the estimate to get it repainted...and then take the car to Automotive Perfection in Redwood City. Joe, if I remember correctly you are in California, I think NorCal. Jack Perkins does real good work...he matched Jim Simone's pearl paint when he came in for a repair to the rear of his A4. Ask him how he likes it.

To recap, talk to Audi area rep, Rick Prather?, get compensation rather than an OK to get it done thru a dealer, and then work with Jack to get it repainted. He should be able to match it just fine. He does excellent work.

Steve S.