A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

This is ridiculous! On my way to work at my college's library... (long and involves guns)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is ridiculous! On my way to work at my college's library... (long and involves guns)

I'm sitting in traffic waiting for the light to change, but I know I won't make it through that cycle because of the volume of vehicles on the road. So I don't make any effort to try and make it through with the rest of the of pack and roll slowly to the line for the our next turn.

Well, this lady behind me in a newish Dodge Caravan apparently wanted me to go through, and hit her horn when I stopped at the RED light, not yellow. I would not have been able to mow through and not get my picture taken by the cameras, so I didn't even try. She however thought differently and got really pissed off. After about 5-6 seconds of horn honking, it stopped. Then she got on her horn AGAIN while the light was STILL red while the left turning traffic went, so now I'm starting to get pissed as well. After the left turns went, cross traffic took its turn, and ours would be next in about 10 seconds.

By now, the light had turned and I was getting ready to roll, I feel a thud and my car move as I got rear ended. I immediately look in my mirrors too see what the hell happened and then heard the horn of the van AGAIN. I shout "WHAT THE FVCK WAS THAT?!" inside my car. I halt my car, and start unbuckling my seatbelt to get out. Right as I'm pulling on the door handle, I see already out of her car carrying what looks like a metal bar of some sort and walking towards me. I stop getting out of my car, get it in gear and got the hell out of there to avoid my car (or me of that matter) from getting beaten up.

About two miles later, I see lights in my mirror and I slump in my seat as THREE squad cars are on my butt. I feel my stomach churn and wonder why they sent a squad to get me for that fiasco. I pull over right away, and I hear them shout through their PA to get out of my car with my hands up. I'm thinking "you gotta be kidding me..". I get out, and one has his gun drawn, the other two have there hands on the guns in their holsters as they run up to me and grab me. I am absolutely terrified at having a gun pointed me that I don't even know what to do. They grab me, slam against my car, and cuff me before walking me over to their cars where they start grilling me. I am so upset I can barely speak, but manage to squeak out why they had to point a GUN at me and cuff me. Officer Dip**** replies "We received a call from a woman stating that you BACK INTO HER van, got out with a gun, and pointed it at her as she drove away." I just stammered and said "GUN?! Go look in my car! I don't even have a POCKET KNIFE in there let alone a GUN!" One went to the car and looked around, but came up empty handed. Didn't seem to matter though. They told me that they would have to take me down to the station for questioning, and my car would have to be removed from the shoulder of the road. That meant it would have to be towed to the impound and held until I got released.

Down at the station, I waited about 20 minutes while they jacked off as I sat cuffed and awaiting for an officer to come get me so they could talk to me. The very first sentence out of my mouth was "What kind of tow truck got my car?". The officer said he wasn't sure, but said I was being released instead.

He said they had reviewed the video feed from the intersection's cameras and said "Not only did you not get out of your car, but YOU got rear ended and SHE got out of HER CAR."

I was infuriated at this point by all the bull**** they had put me through, not to mention how absolutely terrified I had been when having a loaded gun pointed at me. The perusing officers apologized for there actions, but said it was necessary based on the information they had received from dispatch.

They waived all my fees, fines, and violations as it turns out there was no damage to either vehicle, and asked if I wanted to press chargers on the woman. I said no, that I would rather see her get murdered and raped by someone instead and walked away.

While the person at the impound got my keys, I asked what kind of tow truck had gotten my car. He said it was a flatbed. I got my car out of impound releaved knowing my car was towed without it being damaged, and head to work even though I was already an hour late.

I really hate people.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have had her arrested and then sue the ever living **** out of her!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 48 hours to change my mind.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wow

Thats quite the story.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

go sign the complaint or warrant and send her to jail!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Fear the Miata!

wow what a day....
Old 05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Call a lawyer , you have her on the ground of a false police report and

the pain and stress of being arrested and held under false pretense. Plus the hit and run. Any decent lawyer will take this one in a heart beat . Do it soon and call the police to say you need a copy of the tape from the intersection.
AudiWorld Super User

You should press charges. You let her get away with it, she'll do it again.
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd press charges for assault and or hit/run

tho I'm not sure what exactly the violation would be. Get that tacked onto her driving record, never ever let them off easy.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Press charges!

Quick Reply: This is ridiculous! On my way to work at my college's library... (long and involves guns)