A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Road Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 07:23 AM
Bob W.

Default Road Service

Is there any need to join AAA in light of the fact that Audi offers free road service? Has anyone had experience with Audi's service?

Thanks for your help

Bob W.
A4 98.5 QMS
Old 12-08-1999, 07:48 AM
kcraig

Not until warranty period is over.
Old 12-08-1999, 07:57 AM
DSills

Default Re: I could be wrong But....

I was told that the Audi roadside assistance was handled through AAA. I have not had to use the Roadside services but, I went to the AAA counter before I went on a road trip this past summer and showed them my Audi card and AAA in St. Louis provided us with map services.

Which reminds me that when we first spoke to the AAA counter person we had to explain to them what an Audi was. They may have just given us the maps because they didn't know either.

Davin
'99 2.8 Q-tip
Old 12-08-1999, 08:06 AM
Ron R.

Default Re: Road Service

A friend with a dead battery on a 99.5 called on a Sunday afternoon and they never answered the phone.
Old 12-08-1999, 08:22 AM
Reggie

I have read some postings of poor service. I have kept my AAA
Old 12-08-1999, 08:45 AM
larryV

Default Audi's roadside service IS done through AAA.

My car ran out of gas on the way to Vegas last month - such a bonehead move! - don't ask. I called up Audi roadside and it took them 25 mins to send a guy in a huge truck to bring me $5 worth of gas!! hehehe.. I thought that was pretty funny. The Audi roadside phone guy actually tried to reassure me by saying that they do it through AAA. So for the first three years, stupid Audi owners who let their cars run out of gas or break down for any reason are good to go.
Old 12-08-1999, 08:49 AM
larryV

Audi's guaranteed mobility program is for three years regardless of mileage (warranty)
Old 12-08-1999, 09:02 AM
anne

Default with my VW, I've had no problems with the several calls I've made. I assume Audi's is the same as

VW's roadside service.
Old 12-08-1999, 10:36 AM
DougR

Default In MA, AAA membership gets you a 6% discount on insurance...

...I've had ok service from AAA on roadside assistance in the past. Usually about an hour response time here in Boston.

DougR
'00 1.8TQMS
Old 12-08-1999, 11:26 AM
Bob McDermott

Default Re: In MA, AAA membership gets you a 6% discount on insurance...

I have AAA and didn't know that there was an insurance discount... I'll have to look into that.

Quick Reply: Road Service