A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

S4 emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1998, 09:27 PM
Damon

Good lookin' out Steve.
Old 10-30-1998, 04:57 AM
John Costin

What's wrong with DEBADGING? It must've worked on you ... got your attention didn't it?
Old 10-30-1998, 06:16 AM
Hal

Default I'm debadged also...

and will admit that I had a S4 on the rear for a while. Now, clean again(except left rings). Damon's comment on the back looking like a billboard is right on for the Avant people.<p>Gees, does this badging thing really matter this much? I too want the S4 but in Avant. Not much to hope for here according to AoA.<p>98.5 A4QMS2.8 Avant
Old 10-30-1998, 07:03 AM
Todd W

Default Oh boy, this could be bad :)

<br>We've been inflating your ego, eh? At least someone's trying to bring you back to reality, that and the lapdog incident :-)<p>Are you going to show us your Carbon Fiber Man costume? Will you be going as a single fiber, a weave, or a tube? :^}<p>Todd W
Old 10-30-1998, 07:10 AM
Cathleen

Default Agree....

What he doesn't understand is that debadging is a practice that began in Europe and is a European tradition. Snob appeal you see, "if you don't know what it is, you don't deserve to know what it is".<br>It is also much cleaner and who cares to advestise all that stuff and junk it up? I keep the rings because I like them and think it is all that is needed to say what brand it is. If someone doesn't know what the 4 rings are....oh well.
Old 10-30-1998, 08:28 AM
Damon

Default Wasn't neccessarily talking about YOU guys...

All I have together rght now is a pair of Carbon Fiber gogles, a corbon "looking" hat and that's it. I Think I'm over Halloween. I'm going to escape Haloween this year. I'll be chillin' with the mammas in the Bahammas.<p>Anyway, whether the A4 heads at the org like or hate my Avant I still get stopped all the time with "what is that? it's a beautiful car" and "wow, I didn't know Audi made those, thats dope!". I think the going average for compliments is 2 compliments per 5 miles driven in the real world. Oh, and the real world is very generous with compliments on my "lap dogs" too, probably because they're so nice and the female does all kinds of funny tricks 'n' stuff.<p>Everyone have a great weekend and be safe, I'll talk to ya on Monday or Tuesday!<p>Damon
Old 10-30-1998, 09:21 AM
Hal

Re: Second that.(nt) PS, liked the pic Ms T.
Old 10-30-1998, 04:02 PM
the UnAbiMmer

Default Re: Agree....

Please do not tell me 'what I don't understand'<p>This is not Europe....this is American practice of wannabees
Old 10-30-1998, 04:05 PM
the UnAbiMmer

Default Re: Agree....

Please do not tell me 'what I don't understand'<p>This is not Europe....this is American practice of pretenders<p>
Old 10-30-1998, 10:14 PM
ChuckH

Default Just to equalize things!

False advertising is tacky, and the smart ones know the difference. Surely you've seen a 318i with an M3 badge before? I know I have, and that was every bit as bad (or worse)as an S badge on an A4. It also proves that Audi owners aren't the only ones who do this BS. As far as debadging goes, I think that's up to the individual. I did it on my 90Q for one main reason: It's a pain in the butt to clean inside those letters, so I removed them to clean (with the intent of putting them back on) and decided I liked the cleaner look without them there. I would never remove the rings though! That would be going too far, I think. <p>Charles

Quick Reply: S4 emblems