A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Scratched a bit of my undercoating down to bare metal..... solution inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched a bit of my undercoating down to bare metal..... solution inside

After doing a search here on Audiworld, I found a link to a post by Andy Hedin from 2 years ago about two Wurth products:

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/155720.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/155720.phtml</a>

Just thought I tell you guys which one I chose and why, incase anybody has the same problem.

Called my dealer and he said go with the Hi-Build Underbody Seal. He said that was perfect. I mentioned that it should not be used on top of water-based undercoating, and mentioned the SKS Stonegard. He said the SKS Stonegard should be used over the Underbody seal to protect against stones and to go with the Hi-Build Underbody Seal. He seemed real confident in himself, so I said ok.

I called up the guy at Carcareonline, and explained my situation and what the dealer said. He said go with the SKS Stonegard, cause that is EXACTLY what the factory uses. He also said the Hi-Build Underbody will not dry and stay sticky because the factory undercoating is water based and the Hi-Build is a solvent. He said they've tested all their products and this was his suggestion. I bought the SKS Stonegard.

So a BIG THANK YOU goes out to Andy Hedin, once again. I'll post on my results after I get and try the product.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!!
-Kuthair
01.5 1.8T qmsx
Old 12-13-2001, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glad I could help! And I've never even used the stuff before...

...but I remember posting a link to it on Car Care Specialties site. Wurth makes some great products, I'm a huge fan of their HHS-2000 spray lube.