A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Service at Andersen Behel

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 03:35 PM
4a4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service at Andersen Behel

I have had a very bad experience with the service at the Andersen Behel. I recommend that you should be careful b4 turning in your car.
- I turned in my A4 on thursday for 60K service with Phillip as my service adviser. The car has very minor scratches, which he promises to fix for free or atleast have the car polished.
- He calls me on friday saying that the alternator is dead. Which is hard to belive as I had no problems with the car, what so ever. No low volatge or problems with starting.
- He tells me he needs the car for further test over the weekend. Charging for another 1.5 hour service.
- On monday I get a call from him saying that he will have to put a new alternator, and I tell him to use my extended warranty on the car (which was sold to me by And-Behel themselves)
- Dont hear from him on tuesday. I call him on wednesday. Says he is still busy with the warranty ppl.
- I call him two times thursday. Says still busy with warranty ppl. I get the warranty ppl phone number from him but it is too late to call.
- Friday, I call the warranty guys myself and they say they have no record of the dealership making any claims.
- I call back, talked to his manager George and explained him situations. Phil calls back saying he got the warranty issue resolved (i wonder how come so shortly), but I cant have the car before monday.
- Monday he calls back again, saying that the serpentine belt has to be replaced. I mean, cant they figure that out in the 60K service. This was an extra $75.
- I went back to And-Behel to collect my car and found that the paper work was not done properly as they forgot to bill the warranty company. After they fixed it, even than, they wanted me to pay tax on the amount that was billed to the insurance company.
- When I complained again about my ordeal to George, he made excuses and gave me a free oil change a whopping 69.95 value.
- On return I also found a minor scratch in the rear bumper, my old scratches un-fixed and the lower engine cover missing.
- They claim that the cover was missing when the car was brought in.

I am so sickened by this experinece that I have decided to never go to them again and do whatever I can to spread my experience.

BTW. please suggest any other veneues that I should try to make them pay for all this.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default MY GOD, yet another horror story from Andersen Behel! I wish there was another option!

When I go there, I always ask for George straight off the bat. He is usually really good at getting issues resolved.

I hear that the dealership in PA is no better.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:41 PM

Default I don't understand how service can be so different between people

I have yet to have any serious problems with AB and I have brought my car in four or five times.

You know, I think it might be the NorCal Audi Club stickers on my car. Maybe the techs notice it and realize that they'd better not **** it up or it'll be all over the internet!

-henri
Old 08-03-2001, 03:49 PM

Default that sucks

nothing really to do except get another dealer
Old 08-03-2001, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

we should all have a sticker made that says "IM AN AW MEMBER RUIN MY CAR , ILL RUIN UR NAME"online
Old 08-03-2001, 04:00 PM

the also scratched SMOKINA4TURBO's front bumper...
Old 08-03-2001, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Always have the service writer walk around the car every time

and sign off that it is in perfect shape or with x number of defects. It has saved me alot of headaches.
Old 08-03-2001, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

u might wanna call 1-800-FOR-AUDI and file a report
Old 08-03-2001, 04:04 PM
4a4

Default Re: Service at Andersen Behel

I should have mentioned that I have been going to A-B for quite some time, but never had an experience quite this bad, although never had one that can be described as good.
I think I will try the PA next, although some claim that they r no better.

ps
thanks for the support...
Old 08-03-2001, 04:13 PM

Default Jeez. They just smashed my tail light yesterday...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/threads/646227.phtml#692460">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/threads/646227.phtml#692460</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: Service at Andersen Behel