A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Sometimes I am amazed by the people who get into college.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sometimes I am amazed by the people who get into college.

I goto one of the top colleges in the country, and today in our class discussion of the events yesterday I had the pleasure of hearing some of the most ignorant comments I may have ever heard.

It all started when someone decided to make the statement "We need to look at what we did wrong to make these countries mad. By fixing that it will stop the terrorism, and revenge of any kind won't be necessary."

As we went through the class, I was amazed to hear how many people felt that WE were at fault, and not the terrorists and countries that support them. They were actually defending the terrorists by saying it was part of their culture!!!

To this I say so what!!! America should strike down ANY threats to its innocent citizens. These people were families and children, not military targets.

Anyway, this was not the majority oppinion of my class by any means, but since I have been home I just kept fuming so I needed to vent somewhere.

To all those who lost someone yesterday, you have my condolences.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:02 AM
Elder Member

Default We're all entitled to our own opinions, some people are unemotional, some people see this as a....

postive thing. Air travel has been like this for years, so if there are people complaining that the FAA needs to be more prepared, its events like this that prevent even worse stuff in the future.

In western society, we dont make rules untill its too late and something gets marked as a problem, so its up to terrorist, bank robbers, and other events in our history to shape out future for safety and freedom.

Im trying to give an unbaised answer, being from NY, I think its terrible, yet I'm very angry that we buld such anger when there is someone to blame, natural events/disasters happen everday and nobody doesnt give a damn becuase its a natural disater.

They wont release info on what weapons Air Force One has? Whats the point in keeping all this stuff from us?
Old 09-12-2001, 11:03 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Somewhere between both polar opposites is the truth.

American foreign policy IS intrusive.

AND

Americans MUST pulverize the perpetrators of this attack.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:06 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You'll be equally amazed at the people you'll meet when you get out of college.

College isn't a magic pill that "wakes you up". It's a learning experience, and the point of those discussions is for everyone to see a wider perspective. You'll see pretty much the same thing anywhere you go.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:08 AM

for man who wants subi lights you sure are smart
Old 09-12-2001, 11:11 AM

Default Weapons: So that others cannot prepare an offensive against it.

I have a friend who's dad is in the Secret Service. He doesn't deal with the president much anymore, but he was called in for yesterday's events.

There is a lot more that no one knows, and I don't think should know.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Sometimes I am amazed by the people who get into college.

military is much different overseas. there when you go to war, you fight with your family members, 10 year old siblings, neighbors, friends, moms, pops, etc...thats why in other countries military and civilians are looked upon almost the same....
Old 09-12-2001, 11:16 AM
Elder Member

Makes sense, I've just seen the specs of every other plane out there...
Old 09-12-2001, 11:20 AM
Rest In Peace

Oh ye of little faith........... ;-)
Old 09-12-2001, 11:36 AM

Default Here is what you tell them:

What we need to do to please these people?
What we need to rectify?

They want us dead. Not all Muslims (their true religion does preach peace as Christianity) but some believe ANYONE of a different religion is an infidel.
They see our peace efforts in the Middle East as merely justifying the existence of Israel. They (the extremists) don't want co-existence. They want the Israeli's dead.
They believe all art and culture other than there own is a threat and want it destroyed. Just look at all the 4000 year old Bhuddist relics they had destroyed. They wouldn't allow other countries to take them away, they destroyed them.

Ask this person if they are willing to die to please these people.
That is the appeasement they want.

I am a professor, and I see plenty of this ignorance...

Michael

Quick Reply: Sometimes I am amazed by the people who get into college.