A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Is there an adapter that takes the line level coming into the bose amp and converts it to RCA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-1999, 06:52 AM
Jenner

Is there an adapter that takes the line level coming into the bose amp and converts it to RCA?
Old 08-19-1999, 08:14 AM
randall

Default best bet is connectors (radio shack) and soldering Iron.

The connections are listed in the picture poster in an xls file.

1996 a4 2.8 qm
Old 08-19-1999, 08:48 AM
Mark P

Default "RCA" is the type of connector - "Preamp, Line, or Low Level" are the signals present in RCA's

Typically, If an RCA connector is present, the signal in that wire is called "Preamp, Line-Level, or Low-Level". This is the signal that comes from a source (head unit, normally) and goes to a amp without already being amplified. The connector normally used is the RCA one. As you can see, the BOSE stereo/amp do not spned the extra money on these connectors since they supply the stereo and the amp and they are already connected. If you want to change either piece, it's wise to insert RCA connectors to make your life easier.

"High-level" signals are those that are already amplified. These are common in almost all stereos where you can just hook up speakers directly.

Some stereos do not have "Preamp, Low-level, or Line-level" outputs. When you want to add an amplifier, you need a converter (electronic device, typically called line-level converter) to change your "High-level" signals into "Low level" ones to enter your amp. Some amps have this converter built in and thus the amp accepts "High-level" inputs
Old 08-19-1999, 09:15 AM
Jenner

Default I already know all that stuff dude. You haven't seen the system in my Jeep, maybe you need to(more)

I know all about this as a spent two days self installing my $2500 setup in my Jeep, I don't want to splice the line outs and solder on rcas, I was hoping for an aftermarket adapter that had line level(speaker wire type) inputs and female RCA outputs.

My AudioControl Three.1 accepts speaker level in, but instead of running thru the bose amp, into the Three.1 out of the 3.1 as rca and into my rockford amps, I want to run out the headunit and into the Three.1 as rcas. Understand? =)

-Jenner
'99.5 1.8T QMS Spoiler(trying to figure out how to install my car audio system and preserve the stock head unit....)
Old 08-19-1999, 09:30 AM
Rodney

Nope, gotta splice...besides soldering will give a better connection than any connector.
Old 08-19-1999, 09:33 AM
Jenner

Ah my question got answered, so a device like that does not exist, thanks.
Old 08-19-1999, 09:35 AM
Mark P

it started as a posting for you, but ended up for everyone
Old 08-19-1999, 09:37 AM
Mark P

I could make you one, but it would just be connectors soldered to wire (heehee)
Old 08-19-1999, 09:51 AM
Jenner

Ah that would explain it, I was going to myself, he should know that I know this already.... =)
Old 08-19-1999, 09:55 AM
Jenner

Default Cool bro, I think I will just tell my installer to "make it work" I'll explain what I want to(more)

do to you this weekend and you will better understand, and I bet you can even help me figure it out the best approach when I explain it in person.

-Jenner
'99.5 1.8T QMS Spoiler
[wishing Marks '00 woud get here soon so we can drive around together =)]