A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Ticket for failure to signal while changing lanes = $130. Can EITHER go to traffic school or court.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-1999, 10:11 AM
IronMike

Ticket for failure to signal while changing lanes = $130. Can EITHER go to traffic school or court.
Old 09-02-1999, 10:14 AM
Now I feel better

Default At least there's one cop out there giving those tickets

Sorry to you, but it is a major problem around here that needs to be enforced.

Todd W
Old 09-02-1999, 10:22 AM
IronMike

Default Actually....

she said she wouldn't have given me the ticket if I hadn't been "swerving in and out of traffic". I replied, "I thought I only made one lane change?" She said, "No, you made two, once to the left and again to the right". Well, she was right. I made two lane changes. BUT... the two changes were 0.7 mile apart and there were no other cars on the road. I signaled going to the left but I guess I forgot to signal going to the right. (SHe knew that I signaled on one change). I always drive in the right lane because the speed limit is 35, and I seem to be the only car on the road that obeys the limit. Other cars go 50 MPH on that street, so I stay in the slower lane. Anyways, first thing she asked me was, "When's the last time you got a ticket?". I told her that it was nearly 5 years ago. She replied, "Well, you can afford to go to traffic school then." That is what REALLY **** me off. Guess she feels it's time for me to pay my dues. IF I was driving my mother's car, this never would have happened. ARGHH!!!!!

Mike
Old 09-02-1999, 10:32 AM
Todd W

Default Weird, she had it in for you

When I first came to Dallas last year I was the only one in the right of 3 lanes (suburban 6 lane roads around here). I was upset with everyone else then, now I hang out in the middle lane too. Not only does the right lane get flooded with sprinklers every 4 hours, but I hit a pothole in the right lane that did $2,500-$3,000 damage to my car AT 45 IN A 45!!! The pavement in the center lane is much better on average, so that's where I drive now. It has been 2 months, but I hope to have the car on the road in about 3 weeks. It has been hell waiting for parts, and living on Cheerios so that I can pay for them.

I would go to court and claim prejudice, but then I'm just that cranky of a person :-)

Todd W
Old 09-02-1999, 10:40 AM
dB

AMEN!!!
Old 09-02-1999, 10:44 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Didn't you get another ticket a few weeks ago also???

nt
Old 09-02-1999, 11:18 AM
IronMike

Default Hey CW, I have a funny, shocking, and slightly embarrasing story for you :)

When I was in high school, I volunteered 20 hours a week in a local hospital. Back then, I would get stomach problems a lot, and I had NO idea what was ever bugging me. Turns out, I became COMPLETELY lactose intolerant around when I turned 16 and even eating butter would turn my stomach. Anyways, I had some yogurt with lunch at the hospital that day, and I was feeling awful during my drive home. I was still at least 15 minutes away from my house when I realized that I needed to get to a bathroom FAST! Agony! I started speeding up. NEEDED TO GET TO A BATHROOM!!!! Soon I was going about 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Uhoh. NEED TO GO!!!! 65 MPH on the 35 MPH street (the same street where I got my lane change ticket). I started to overtake a DeTomaso Pantera at about 70 MPH. The guy in the Pantera probably thought I was trying to race him, because he just took off. I held my speed at about 75 MPH in the 35 MPH zone (it was Saturday, and there were NOOOO other cars around). This guy in the Pantera was driving a little faster than me. We passed RIGHT in front of a cop. Cop pulls out lights flashing. He pulls up right behind us. He pulls us both over. I was driving my mom's car with the "police association supporter" sticker on the back. THe cop sees teh sticker and waves me off. As I'm pulling away, I see him approaching the Pantera. No ticket for me even though I was driving 75 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. ANyways, I would NEVER drive like that except in EXTREME urgency. Since this event, 4 years ago, I've discovered teh wonders of Lactaid and no longer have this problem. Anyways, just goes to show you, I gotta get one of those stickers!

Mike
Old 09-02-1999, 11:20 AM
IronMike

Same ticket, I just got the court info in the mail today.
Old 09-02-1999, 12:17 PM
mness

Default I recommend www.ticketerasers.com (more info)

A few months ago I used www.ticketerasers.com for my traffic school. I found out a way to do their course very quickly and with 100% accuracy.
Old 09-02-1999, 12:20 PM
IronMike

Not approved by local court, but www.trafficschooltogo.com is

Quick Reply: Ticket for failure to signal while changing lanes = $130. Can EITHER go to traffic school or court.