A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

TOP TEN REASONS YOU HAVE BEEN DRIVING THE LOANER TOO LONG…

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-1999, 12:04 PM
AlAgAvant

Default TOP TEN REASONS YOU HAVE BEEN DRIVING THE LOANER TOO LONG…

10 You forgot and filled up with high octane gas
9 You preset the radio stations manually
8 You have taken compliments affirmatively and realized its not your Audi they're talking 'bout
7 Once in the car your girlfriend says, "What's that cheesy smell?" And you say, "There's a cheesy smell?"
6 Lack of arm rest/center counsel not a problem. Abs are getting a good work out, what with all that leaning.
5 Shame of driving (insert applicable load here) almost gone
4 You take offense when the fat lady driving a SUV dings your door at the 7-11
3 You open your garage door to say goodnight and find the mower, alone, distraught with grief
2 The thought of not putting miles on the Audi is almost a trade off

And the Number One reason you (or at least I do) know you’ve had the loaner too long…

1 Numbness of driving it give your brain time to think of stupid top ten list….
Old 12-07-1999, 04:52 PM
Mark M

Default TOP TEN REASONS YOU HAVE BEEN DRIVING A Dodge Stratus TOO LONG…

I have been w/o my A4 2.8 Avant QMS for almost 3 weeks. My loaner provided by the ins. co was the Dodge. UGH!!! heres my list.

10. Your starting to think the handling isn't as bad as the first two weeks lead you to belive.

9. Your beggining to think "Hey that little four cyl. feels pretty peppy".

8. I do get a good workout running around locking all of the doors befor I get out.

7. I do get a better workout cracking down the windows.

6. The thought of not putting miles on your Audi is almost worth it (see above list.)

5. You now understand why people that drive domestic autos refer to them as just a means of transportation.

4. Your friends have been snickering and calling you "Dodge boy".

3. You keep shifting the auto tranny and hoping the gear will change (makes a real funny sound when you line it up with that letter "R" .

2. Thinking of trading the Audi and moving up to a Dodge Ram.

1. Your back has developed a permanent bow, so now the front seats fit just right!

Just another 3-4 week with this bad boy. Want to develop a new apprieceation for your Audi? Feeling complacient and wondering how your ever going to afford that 911? Spend a few weeks in a Dodge, you'll develope a whole new level or admiration for fine German Autos.

Happy motoring to all
Mark.
Old 12-07-1999, 07:01 PM
Sebastian

Default Well put guys...more..

I travel quite a bit on business and am always renting, really do "miss" the AUDI. Currently have the Hyundai Sonata V6 ooohhhh!!! Handles like a boat in very very very very rough seas.

I especially like numbers, 10,6,5. Cars as merely transportation, handling not too bad, not putting miles on my Audi. Very funny..

Sebastian
99.5 2.8QMS
Santorin Blue, Sport Pkg....blah blah...
Old 12-08-1999, 02:42 PM
Cathleen

Default 10 reasons

10. I want to cry every time I see someone else driving an A4 or S4.
9. I want to shout at people driving A4s and S4s...."HEY! My other car REALLY IS an A4!!!"
8. I yell at my car's crappy stereo and lack of heated seats
7. I'm sick of being beaten off-line by minivans and other ugly cars
6. I park way in the boon docks at the elite shopping places...so as not to be seen.
5. I'm beginning to forget what it's like to have a car that can actually outbrake practically every car on the road (Alcons all the way 'round on the A4).
4. I actually prefer other people to drive places we go, instead of me always volunteering to be chauffeur.
3. I'm actually looking at people who drive new Saturns and ugly GM stuff (new Monte Carlo) and think they're lucky. Welllll, maybe not.
2. I'm wondering how bad it would be to drive the 944 with snow tires (really bad) instead of driving this beat up looking 4000quattro with snow tires.
1. The #1 reason I know I've had a loaner too long? I'll have to answer that in about 3 months......because that's how long it will be!!!!

-Cathleen
Project A4 2.8qm already modified (as seen in the Quattro Quarterly's summer issue) and undergoing some more major changes this winter.
-'96 A4 2.8qm
-'89 944
-'85 4000q (with over 500,000 miles - ugly but it works)
Old 12-08-1999, 06:04 PM
Zonk

Default Re: TOP TEN REASONS YOU HAVE BEEN DRIVING A Dodge Stratus TOO LONG…

The dealer didn't have any loaner Audi's so they rented me one of these fine automobiles. Surprisingly, the rental company considered this an "equivalent"! Nothing makes you appreciate your A4 as much as driving an average vehicle such as this. I feel for the unenlightened. Thank GOD it was only for one day!
Old 12-08-1999, 11:01 PM
rr

Number 1 sign. Your history shows more visits to adult entertainment sights than the A4 Forum.
Old 12-09-1999, 03:09 AM
Mark M

Default "Amen, brutha, you see the light"....your lucky it was only one day, I'm looking at 8 weeks :-