A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

TURBO 5 VORTRAG HOODS... PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO 5 VORTRAG HOODS... PLEASE READ

Hi, I am writing to see if anyone else ordered a carbon fiber vented hood from turbo 5. I ordered one on December 12th. They told me they will send them so that we who ordered them get them in Late february.. I have tried to contact turbo5 but they no longer have a wenpage and they will not answer my e-mails. They also promiced pictures and a e-mail updating us on how the hoods are comming. They never followed through on this promice. Has anyone heard anything about the hoods or if they are even being made. I am a little skeptical about turbo5 right now and i am getting worrined i may be out $800. Any help is appricaited.

Tim
Old 02-27-2001, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Did you check the Vortrag site and see what they know?
Old 02-27-2001, 01:10 PM

I heard that their site crashed but that it will be back up....not sure though
Old 02-27-2001, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Default turbo5's webserver crashed, thus killing their mail aswell....

if you need to contact them you can get Dan on AIM (his name is DanTurbo5). He is online almost all the time and is available to answer questions.
Old 02-27-2001, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

www.vortrag.com
Old 02-27-2001, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Call T5 and just get a track #.
Old 02-27-2001, 01:20 PM
bkw
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default contact turbo5, if they sent out the hoods, then call vortrag..

vortrag uses this packing company to package their hoods and stuff, then the packing company contracts a private delivery service. the delivery service picks up the hoods from the packing company and then trucks em over to another smaller local delivery trucking company near your area.. it took almost 2 months for me to finally find the hood, but once i found where it had been sitting, it took em only one afternoon to finally deliver it.
im sure theres a better way of shipping these things out, but it doesnt seem like vortrag really cares.

good luck
Old 02-27-2001, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I really wish Turbo5 would do a better job of damage control on this "server issue" because I'm

getting sick of doing it for them... At any rate, here is what I know (or think I know )

Vortrag is building the hoods, not Turbo5. I went through Vortrag directly on the group buy, not T5, and I'm really glad for that in light of all this recent T5 turmoil. But I digress. If you want an answer on the status of the hoods, I'd call Vortrag personally and bypass T5 altogether. You can get their phone# off of their website, which I've linked below. Last time I talked to Todd at Vortrag, he told me that they were "fairly confident" that the hoods would start to be available during the first full week of March (next week) and start shipping right around then as well. People are really flipping out over the delay on this whole deal, but I just want to say this: When *I* signed on to the group buy through the S4 board, I was told it would be |roughly| the last week in Feb. before the hoods would be available. The first week in March is hardly a catastrophic delay in production. I can fully understand your concern about T5 not responding; I'm in no way blaming you for that. In their defence, however, realize that they may not have anything to tell anyone (though they should try and let people know that at the very least they are aware of prevailing concerns IMHO) so that's why they haven't been in contact with you. As far as Vortrag and their delays, keep in mind that each of these hoods is a hand made sheet of Carbon Fiber that has to fit exact specs without warping. bkw's hood and fitment issues are a good example of what happens when you rush the production of a CF piece: it warps as it cures and then doesn't fit right. If you know anything about CF fabrication, you understand that it is not a particularly easy material to work with, and therefore takes due time to get it to properly fit any given application. While I, too, would appreciate an update, I'm giving all parties involved the benefit of the doubt on this issue, with the belief that the result of me not freaking out and demanding my product today will be a better product tomorrow. I know this doesn't help you with wondering where your money is, but I'd seriously doubt that there is any real scam going on here (I'm tightly crossing my fingers and hoping I am right on this). Good luck...

B

And, no, I have NO affiliation with either T5 or Vortrag...<ul><li><a href="http://www.vortrag.com">Vortrag Motorsports</a></li></ul>
Old 02-27-2001, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There's definitely something fishy with TURBO5.. almost 2 weeks now to get a server up?
Old 02-27-2001, 03:50 PM

Default Turbo5 Status Report (Cross Post)

We're all still here, our co-location providers have been experiencing grief and dishing out some of their own.

This has all been solved now, and we are moving everything in-house onto a T1 with a fiber backbone.

It will be online Thursday, everything as normal.

Your hoods are still coming, we are waiting for production to complete.

We sincerely apologize for the delays, we've all been very busy with developments.

E-mail is active now, so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us a message, info@turbo5.com.

Thank you for your continued patience in the matter!

PS. My AIM ID is JFisherWA for immediate contact.

Jason Fisher
Turbo5

Jason F