A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Unfreaking believable. Service related (Chicagoland).

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2000, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unfreaking believable. Service related (Chicagoland).

Guys:

Please tell me, are there, I mean here in Chicago any dealerships with service department? I mean SERVICE not just a freaking caption? What is the recommended place to have a car serviced? I thought that old rule that keeping customers will bring more business to dealer still works, but I guess these days customers who already BOUGHT their cars are the "last fall leaves". Wierd. No more Schamburg Audi service for my car. I had a great experience with service department of Walton Chrysler when I had Chrysler Sebring as my previous car. I never had any problems with them and I knew the my car will be ready in afternoon as promised. "Best dealership in customer satisfaction", Yeah right! Whatever.

I just blown out.

Igor
A4 1.8TQTip APR EMCS
Old 08-08-2000, 01:35 PM

Default What happened? I use Laurel Audi in Westmont...

Laurel is not bad. I got my first service done there a few weeks ago. They were pretty decent. At least they treat you like a person.<p>Arjun
'00 A4 1.8TQMS
Old 08-08-2000, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yup i use Laurel as well

Very good people there, the service manager is a real sweetie.

Lots of people have complained about Loeber Audi (downtown) and Schaumburg Audi. Seems they are the ones to avoid.

Sameer 99.5 1.8T QMS APR, UUC.
Old 08-08-2000, 03:16 PM

Default Dealerships

I've had all sorts of trouble with the dealership I purchased my car from. I don't live there anymore, so it doesn't matter as much. But if I were still there, the attitude of the service people at this dealership would make me strongly consider a different make of automobile in the future.

But not all dealerships are like that. Some are very good at service. And some people haven't had the same problems even with the dealership that I've had trouble with. (Different standards, I suppose. I just can't get used to a place that refuses to give me any estimate on how long my car could take to repair or how much it might cost, refuses to tell me how long before they can even look at my car 'Could be tomorrow, could be three weeks', refuses to call when they say they'll call, rarely returns my calls and makes you hunt them down to get status updates. But maybe that's just me.)

But, I don't have to deal with them anymore, and the dealership I have most recently dealt with (that is the closest dealer to my current home) has been very good.
Old 08-08-2000, 03:55 PM

Default Also use Laurel

Just got my '01 A4 and brought it in to see what they knew about the 'moan' noise... No one had any idea and I had to drive a couple of people around the block a few times since they couldn't reproduce the sound, but so far everyone has been extremely kind.
Old 08-09-2000, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

McGrath, Glenview. Exemplary service! I too, will never use Schaumburg again!