A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Very sad indeed. Honda service shows more respect + professionalism than Audi Service (more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very sad indeed. Honda service shows more respect + professionalism than Audi Service (more)

I'll warn you, this is a long one...

Took my 94' Honda Accord to the dealer today for a recall. I was treated with more respect and was given more courtesy than I have experienced with Audi. I have yet to recieve a Service survey from AoA. Honda gave me one right after the service. The guys at white plains honda, are fantastic, simply fantastic. Very courteous, fixed the recall prob right away. They forgot to diagnose the rattling sound I was hearing, so I brought this up. Mind you, it was 5:30 on a Fri!! Tony (service manager) says, no prob, I'll pull the car in right now and take a look myself. He diagnoses it as the heat shield on the catalytic convertor in about 2 minutes. Pulls the car up on the lift and takes off the heat shield, showing me where it was rusted off the bolt, and telling me that he would order a new heat shield and intall for free. He also put the seat back into the position I originally had it in when he got out of the car. I got kind + courteous service from everyone at Honda; they actually took the time out to explain what they did in terms I would understand. They even did a complete diagnostic b/c it's been so long since I took the car to a dealer service station. Instead of finding a bunch of bs probs, they told me the car is in great shape - lubed and oiled everything, topped off all fluids.
cost: ~~Nothing

Took the 96' A4 to:

<b>Classic Audi (in May)</b> for 4 year service
they decided not to do the alignment+high speed balancing w/o even bothering to tell me. Made me wait another week for an appointment. Then, they decide to replace a tie rod w/o telling me. Also, they did not replace the tie rod for free even though it was a recall issue. Also, they didn't bother to tell me it was a recall issue. Service "associates" at classic know little about tech issues. They were unable to explain to me what was done to the car or why. Techs weren't available. cost: ~~$625

<b>Palisades Audi (around July/August)</b> for alignment fix + limp mode issue - Classic Audi screwed up the alignment. Palisades was decent - at least the service manager knew his stuff. Limp mode fixed. Aligment fine, steering wheel a bit off. They even gave me a loaner. cost: ~~90

<b>Bellavia Audi (this past Tues)</b> Took the car in for oil change + rough idle problem. Guaranteed me a loaner cause I had a job interview. Told them it was a 96', they said no prob on the loaner. I get there, and no loaner. I wait for 2 hours + miss my interview. Told they had a K&N panel filter. No panel filter. Oil replaced, ISV checked. I was told the car does not idle rough; it just has an oversensitive rpm needle...WTF? cost: ~~$120

finding out Honda Service is better than a German Luxury brand... priceless.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:40 PM

Default I agree, Audi service sucks.

I too had better luck with my Honda service when I owned a Honda. I mean, they fixed a problem on my CRX Si when the car was over six months out of warranty and didn't charge me a dime (known problem but no recall).

Seriously, it took my Audi dealer 5k and 6 mos. to figure out that my heater core was leaking from the factory and this is after I complained and brought it in 3 times.

Ack. Pretty lame. Audi service sucks.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:49 PM

If that Gauss Cannon goes you're screwed.Audi techs won't figure out how to fix it.mines still broke
Old 12-15-2000, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default whats up with this? i've been hearing about crappy audi service, ALL over the place. SAD.........

for such an expensive car, which is great...as long as nothing goes wrong w/it
AL
Pearl white Y2K S4
Old 12-15-2000, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My flux capacitor failed two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the damn part!
Old 12-15-2000, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dishartening and apparently not that uncommon (rant included :-)

Many "service associates" and various other customer service employees at car dealership are often people with no skills and little education (not all of them, of course). Once they start working for a "prestigious" company, some of them suddenly become arrogant and disrespectful because they start thinking so highly of themselves. There is nothing like a dumb *** ignoramus with an "I am such hot stuff" attitude.

That's why you hear about salesmen and service guys at these "prestigious" car dealerships talking down to customers, as if they were scolding a butler.

You pay a premium for the car, you will pay at least twice as much for each repair of which you will have twice as many compared to say a Honda. On top of that you have to put up with being treated like a garbage man. No wonder Lexus and Acura have done so well in such a short time.

Even though I am attracted to the A4, the more I think about it, the more doubts I have about whether it would be a wise decision to purchase one.

Right now, something like a Solara with a manual V6, 16" alloys, and nice soft leather seems like not too bad of a compramise at 21.5-22K (+tax/lic).
Old 12-15-2000, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I disagree, Newton Motor Sports service department is great!

These guys are very professional, know their stuff and are enthusistic about their cars. I just got mine back from service tonight and I'm very pleased with what they did. And as far as service survey's from AoA go, I get one about a week after *every* service. It comes as a phone call and it's very brief. I have no complaint's about Audi service but perhaps I'm just lucky to have such a good dealership.
Old 12-15-2000, 05:37 PM

Palisades Audi is decent - I'll stick with Audi till I can't even find acceptable service
Old 12-15-2000, 06:58 PM

Default my dealer pulls **** out of their *** all the time....

Now I made a tech friend at the Rusnak place in Pasadena, CA.

Next time I go into service, I not even gonna call the dumbfu*ks who run the counter.... I'm just go directly to him.

My dealerships (note plural) always give me the same **** "Can't reproduce problem" or "Operating within specifications"

wtf man..... when are dealers gonna shape up?

this is PATHETIC
Old 12-16-2000, 06:41 PM
seb

Acura Service is way better than Audi & Honda