A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

What is the fix for the A/C spewing white flakes? (more inside...)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-1999, 02:41 PM
Jpc

Default What is the fix for the A/C spewing white flakes? (more inside...)

Hi,<p>I read awhile ago that someone had a similar problem. I cleaned my interior about 2 weeks ago, and about a week later, I noticed quite a bit of small white flakes on the dash, the center console, and even some on the handbrake. The A/C has been getting quite a workout in the hot weather, so it might be the culprit for spewing these flakes.<p>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong? I have my 10K scheduled maintenance tomorrow, so I can bring it up with the service ppl. Thanks for any help!<p>JPC
Old 07-13-1999, 02:48 PM
Please return to your local DEA office ASAP

You've got one of the very special &quot;Coke&quot; versions of the A4 sent to the US via - Columbia :-)
Old 07-13-1999, 03:10 PM
Shabbis

Try Head and Shoulders???
Old 07-13-1999, 03:11 PM
Shabbis

No, seriously. Maybe there is a problem with the pollen filter.
Old 07-13-1999, 03:17 PM
Christian Kringle Long

Default Too cold! It's snowing in your car!

df
Old 07-13-1999, 03:22 PM
Shabbis

The pollen filter could be flaking apart or something, just a guess.
Old 07-13-1999, 03:23 PM
Indo

Default Re: What is the fix for the A/C spewing white flakes? (more inside...)

This definitely has to do with the AC being working too hard. I guess the AC was put on high blower for too long while the inner parts (pipes and condensor) simply stucked. What the service people will do is that they will take off parts of the AC near the passenger's side (interior) and part of the AC in near the engine compartment (exterior) and clean both of them. A wash should be enough to get rid of those junks that clogs the pipes. At least this was done to my Civic on a diet of 6-9 months tropical weather of at least 80-90 degrees every single day.<p>Indo<br>- soon to be Audi 1.8T owner<br>
Old 07-13-1999, 03:35 PM
stanj

WHERE is the pollen filter?
Old 07-13-1999, 04:14 PM
Andy Hedin

Default Could be flakes of dead skin...something to consider...

In the winter my hands are always dry no matter how much lotion I put on them. I find that the skin flakes off some (somewhat like dandruff) and gets on the center console around the shifter area. Just something to consider.<p> Andy
Old 07-13-1999, 04:28 PM
Bob w.

Hmmm...was Jeffrey Dahmer a previous owner??? ;-)--nt

Quick Reply: What is the fix for the A/C spewing white flakes? (more inside...)