A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

What is the quietest best fitting aftermarket exhaust (nt)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-1999, 09:11 AM
Rob

What is the quietest best fitting aftermarket exhaust (nt)?
Old 04-15-1999, 09:35 AM
G. Hale

Also, what is the Quietest, Stainless, Performance exhaust?
Old 04-15-1999, 12:42 PM
Rob B.

Default From One Rob to Another . . .

I have the Remus exhaust. Although it is louder than stock, I was surprised by how quiet it is for a "performance" exhaust. That was one of my major concerns as I did not want to sound like one of those boy racers. Notwithstanding, I later had the center resonator/muffler removed and put in a straight pipe. The sound is still respectably low. I had the Neuspeed K04 kit installed at the same time so it has a nice low grunt under harder acceleration.<p>It may not be as free flowing as a full catback system, but the performance penalty isn't that great. It covers all the bases pretty well (i.e., good performance, quiet and best looks). One would be hard pressed to find a much better exhaust for the price.<p>Good luck.
Old 04-15-1999, 01:53 PM
MichaelB

A!AvantGarde is a stainless Remus...but you probably already knew that?
Old 04-15-1999, 02:42 PM
G. Hale

Default Actually I didn't. I am really lost when it comes to exhausts. Another question.....

Do the exhausts run from the manifold back, from half way back, or the muffler only. I believe some have mentioned only replacing the muffler, but it doesn't seem like that would give much of a performance gain. I would like a complete system, that is stainless, and the quietest available. It could be a little louder than stock, but would prefer about the same noise level. <p>What exhaust did you switch to? I'm planning on getting the PES system as well in a year or so, and that's why I'm trying to get exhaust information early. I know there are lots to choose from, and different aspects to each. So mainly I'm wanting a full stainless system, which produces the most performance gain , and the least noise. Is that a lot to ask? :-) I would guess it's hard to find all those qualities in one system, but I listed qualities in order of preference. Do you know which system would match closest?<p>G. Hale<br>'98.5 2.8 QMS<br>#38 on Xenon list<br>Hoping for PES in about 1 yr.
Old 04-16-1999, 12:42 AM
Nidal

I have the Scorpion and i love it. A little on expensive side but you get what you pay for.(nt)?
Old 04-18-1999, 05:48 PM
Andrew A.

Default Re:Trying a Brullen/LLTEK

I just orderd the latest (3rd) generation cat back exhaust from LLTEK. I will let you know how it is once I get installed. I should have it done by the 22 of this month.<p>Andrew A.<br>2.8qm