A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT SHOULD I DO??

I need some advice on what to do about a clutch and flywheel I orded from a local shop. They said it would arrive 2 weeks ago. Also said they would call me if anything changed. Had to call them three times. First time they said the supplier was having a sale so they were really busy. When i called this last week they said they orded it on monday and are drop shiping it. The thing that really pisses me of is that customer service has not really existed aside from me trying to get a hold of them. Well complaining the guy tells me like its an excuse that they are loosing money on it because of the price they sold it to me. The kicker is that they did not end up ordering it until 2 weeks after I payed them.

Should I cancel the credit card payment and refuse to pay the restocking fee because its late?

Or

Should I just wait it out?
Old 12-20-2003, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i think if you can find it somewhere else, then do it.... they...

shouldnt be able to make you pay the restocking fee.... your place sounds like a place i go to. my place is going out of business soon because of their crappy service. but my place is in NC
Old 12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tell them to suck it up and get you the parts you ordered for the price they quoted you.

its not your fault that they quoted you a low price. DONT pay the "restocking" fee.
or go w/ something else. i dont care.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:01 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default NoNoNoNoNo...

Where are they ordering this from? Can't you just order directly from the supplier? Sounds like you can, if they are having a "sale".

At this point, I would have a talk with them. Tell them you're not happy about how they have managed the situation so far. Ask them for a drop dead date. If you don't have a product, you'll cancel the order, and dispute the charges (hand them a letter with this information in writing...keep a copy for your CC company). Also include the other facts regarding the order in your letter. Get the drop dead date from them in writing as well. If they refuse, cancel the order right there.

The fact that they charged your card is a little shady...but some shops get around that by saying it's a "special order" which must be paid for up front.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

when my shop orders something, i dont pay til im holding the part
Old 12-21-2003, 10:40 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default When I ordered floor mats for my Honda...the dealer made me pay up front.

Each shop does it their own way. I don't like paying for something without getting it...but it's not completely unheard of for them to operate their business that way.