A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

You people may think I'm crazy...but Monica Lewinski may have had something to do with this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You people may think I'm crazy...but Monica Lewinski may have had something to do with this...

Let me take you back to the week when the Clinton/Monica Lewinski scandal became official - or at least when Clinton finally admitted that he had, in fact, lied about their relationship.

The very next day we bombed Afghanistan in an attempt to take out Bin Laden. We failed. He survived, remained in Afghanistan and it may have started the wheels in motion that lead to today's attacks.

Many people (myself included) thought that this was nothing more than an attempt by Clinton to take the attention off of his affair and put it on something far, far away. Sure, the US' relationship with Bin Laden had been a strained one, but I hate to think that thousands of people may have died and the American way of life was threatened because one man felt obligated to protect his image.

I'm prepared to feel the flames from this post from those who disagree, but I've been thinking about this a lot today and trying to understand what may have brought this about. I'm sure my theory isn't the ONLY reason for this attack...but it may have been a big contributor.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:35 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

*sigh* go get some sleep.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: You people may think I'm crazy...but Monica Lewinski may have had something to do with this...

While watching "W" on tv today, I made the comment "Can't we get that guy that fu@ked the interns back?"

I'm just a little concerned with how W is dealing with this whole president thing. I'll try to be objective and watch how he deals with it.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: *sigh* go get some sleep.

ditto
Old 09-12-2001, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bin Laden and Afghanistan were being punished for previous attacks against Americans...

Specifically the embassy attacks. A U.S. embassy is sovereign U.S. territory. Any attack on an embassy must be punished, hence the cruise missile attacks. To relate it to hummergate is an insult to everyone that was injured in those embassies in Africa.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I believe we bombed Iraq after the ML scandal hit the news....

And several weeks prior, Clinton warned that if Sadam cross the "line in the sand" again, we would retaliate. He did cross that line the day of the ML scandal, and Clinton reacted as he had promised. Yes, it had a nice side effect of distraction, but he did promise to bomb Iraq if they got out of line, they did, he kept his word.

But then, some republicans will never see the real world....as some Democrats do not either.
Old 09-12-2001, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A simpler, more logical explanation: The truck bomb didn't work in 1993. This was their 2nd try.