A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Alarm goes off when disconnecting the main battery (to clean water drain holes)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm goes off when disconnecting the main battery (to clean water drain holes)

Hi.
The other day I disconnected the battery in my car and surprisingly the alarm got activated, which is pretty annoying, as I cant really work on it with the alarm on...
I want to remove the battery so I can clean the water drains underneath it, as I found water in the driver side footwell (UK right hand side steering version).

How can I stop the alarm activating when the bonnet is opened, and the main battery is out? Should I press those buttons on the driver side door just above the storage thing?
Any ideeas?
Thanks.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think pressing the buttons on the driver's door will help, but it certainly won't hurt so it's worth a try. One of the buttons deactivates the motion sensor in the cabin and the other deactivates the level sensor, which you would want deactivated if you were getting the car towed.

I've disconnected and removed the battery a few times over the years and never had the alarm go off, but I'm in the U.S.and I don't know the differences between a U.K. build and a U.S. build.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a suggestion the scuttle valve that gets clogged you are cleaning is pointless, must people including myself just remove them, to avoid any future water build up. I have removed mine for 2 years with no issues or smells what so ever.
PS you can remove or clean the scuttle drain without removing the battery, just reach you arm underneath from the engine side just past a heating pipe, you will feel the rubber bottom can can punch it to get it to drain or just pull the thing out and throw away !