A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

The Audi Platinum extended warranty: Who can I contact?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Audi Platinum extended warranty: Who can I contact?

Anyone getting any good deals on the Audi Pure Protection Platinum extended warranty? That's the one endorsed by Audi.

Surprisingly, I've been to 2 local Audi dealerships and none of them want to talk about the Audi Platinum extended warranty. They all have their own <i>independent</i> warranty that they're peddling (probably because it's more profitable).

I understand the Audi sponsored warranty is the best all-inclusive one. Who can I contact to get some quotes?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nope it's not necessarily the best. It just has an "Audi" name attached to it. I have one.

I recently got the Audi Pure Protection Platinum with the optional Tire Hazard. It's not directly handled by Audi, but a company from Florida called JM&amp;A (<a href="http://media.audiusa.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9183">Audi and JMA Partnership</a> and <a href="http://www.jmagroup.com">JM&amp;A Website</a>) that collaborated with them.

I didn't plan on getting the Audi Extended warranty, as I really wanted the one from Warranty Direct. However, the dealer I contacted gave me a relatively good price with just 10% down and 18 months interest-free payments for the balance via credit card. While warranty directly if you decide to pay over time there is handling charges everytime you pay.

Before you decide, READ the whole contract for all the companies you're deciding upon. Make sure to know exactly what's being covered and what's not so you know the kind of risk you're taking. If it's exclusionary like the Platinum, it's still a long list of excluded items.

And Audi does not cover sludge. I don't know what company will cover it, but I haven't seen any. They will only go so far as cover engine damage due to over-heating.

Audi dealers are mostly a$$holes especially in the Finance Department - they are the ones handling the Audi extended warranty. It is not the salespeople at the showroom who handle this. And being in the "Finance" part, you can bet they are out to make the most money for their dealership. I had to make a few calls around town just to find a good deal. Every other dealer I called wanted me to pay up front and were charging $300 more. Finally this one dealer, Pacific Audi, gave a better deal and since I could cancel within 60 days with no penatly fee. I jumped on it while I shopped around some more.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter what company is being offerred by your dealer but it's important to point out the ff:

1. How many dealers and/or how many independent Audi shops with Audi Master Techs are in your area.

The reason is that make sure the Extended warranty plan allows you to choose your own shop to do the repair. So if you have a favorite Audi mechanic that has set up his own shop and takes care of you, then you'll have no problem.

Also the Extended warranty plan makes it convenient for you to just turn your car for service at the dealer where you bought your plan. Otherwise, even if your warranty allows for any shop, if you didn't purchase it at that particular dealer then you'll have to ALWAYS call the company for authorization.

2. If you travel around with your car, make sure the warranty covers travel costs and towing when your car breaks down away from home.

3. Tire hazard warranty MAY be a good idea to get if your car insurance and other automotive membership or local tire shop doesn't offer it. My tires are covered for road hazard from the shop I purchased it from. However, again I was offered a good deal on the Extended Warranty that to have it removed will just cost the same.

4. Remember that Extended warranty companies didn't enter into this business to lose money. So don't expect the royal treatment when it's time to make a claim. Or rather, more than likely item that breaks down is part of the "Exclusionary" clause like so-called wear and tear items.

That said make sure to keep ALL your maintenance receipts. Because if they find out you didn't maintain your Audi as per service booklet, you warranty claim will most likely be void.

5. If you do get an exlusionary plan, get Zero (0) deductible. It doesn't make sense to pay that much then pay again just to make a claim.

-----------------

So...if you're still interested in the Audi Pure Protection Platinum and you live in LA, CA area then I can hook you up with the person who gave me the same deal. I know CA has outrageous prices and other states may offer even lower deals.

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

So your local dealers are flat out unwilling to even discuss it ?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Are you guys talking about the Audi assured CPO or something Different?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We were referring to the optional extended warranty which is called Audi Pure Protection.

I don't know how similar it is with the CPO warranty, but this one you can choose your plan level and the deductible amount.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yeah my dealer was pushing the same kinda plan
Old 09-11-2006, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Tnx to the plan, I'm deeper in debt...which may be ok if it were spent on a mod.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yeah the concept of paying in advance to bet on your car to fail is wrong!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree. Yet since Audi has quite a reputation. It's just my little way of putting money aside.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yeah I hear ya on that one

Quick Reply: The Audi Platinum extended warranty: Who can I contact?