A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

billy boat downpipe options

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default billy boat downpipe options

Hi there. When i got my car it was slammed, rubbing fenders and constantly bottoming out. After a bad hit on a crappy road the exhaust became misaligned, the flex pipe was damaged and the testpipe flange cracked open.To make matters worse I believe the bracket to secure the downpipe was installed incorrectly from the factory and so it was never even mounted to the car. After considerable surveying I think my best option is to just replace the test pipe/HFC and downpipe with something I know is going to be aligned correctly from here on out now that I have the car raised back up to a respectable height and bottoming out isn't an issue.

My question is, what are my options both for test pipe and and downpipe that I can be reasonable sure will line up correctly to properly mount? I will link below the kit that comes as close as I can find to what I have. The biggest difference I see is that the mount near the flex pipe which I had issues with seems to have been modified.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-billy-bo...ble/fpim-0507/