A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Body work on a "new" car/what is acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body work on a "new" car/what is acceptable?

I purchased a demo 05 USP from Hoffman Audi a month ago. I was told the vehicle was "new", never titled, only 2,300 demo miles, perfect. Well I paid extra to have it CPO'ed and was told that even though the car was "new" they would still go through the 300 point inspection. The car was delivered with acid rain marks on the chrome window trim and front headlights that looked sandblasted! But wait, it gets better! When I went to wax the car the other day I noticed a blemish in the clearcoat and eventually found that the rear quarter panel seemed to have had bondo and a respray! The dealership is denying any knowledge of bodywork and/or repainting. I can't imagine Audi NA would let a car be sold with bodywork so I assume the dealer had it done. Of course Carfax is clean. What should I do? I have contacted the dealership, Audi NA complaints and emailed the CPO customer service center. Otherwise, the car is beautiful. I just can't believe that they can sell a vehicle as "new" without telling the customer of possible damage. Sorry about the rant.

Hiro
Old 11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

maybe you should go straight to AoA on this and see what they say
Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In short, they can't. In fact, if it was sold as "new", it would have the Vehicle In Service Date...

Documented on the paperwork for the sale to you, that date being the day you took delivery. Further, you would not need to buy a CPO warranty. A new car with the VISD the day of delivery, begins the new vehicle Audi Factory Limited Warranty on that date. So, you did NOT buy a car with a legal status as "new". You bought a USED car.
That does not excuse the failure to disclose the car as having been collision repaired however. The dealer claims no knowledge. Has that vehicle, tracked by the VIN, been in that dealerships inventory since it rolled off the truck from the port of entry? What is the record of custody since the car came off the ship?
Old 02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Body work on a "new" car/what is acceptable?

Hiro,
May I ask you how it went with your car problems ?
I am having the same situation here after purchased a demo 05 USP with CPO. My chrome window trim has acid rain marks ( on the bottom of the 4 doors and small windows).I have this car for 7 months now with regular cleaning (like twice a month)...Audi dealer don't want do nothing about it...
Any suggestion will be very welcome

Fab.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Re: Body work on a "new" car/what is acceptable?